SOUTH AFRICA: Bumpy Ride For Country Road As Loss Widens
Upscale clothing chain Country Road on Friday posted a wider full-year net loss as it was hit by costs associated with its exit from the US market. The company reported a net loss of $26.5 million compared to $7.7m in the year-ago period amid a $23.9m charge related to the axing of its 20 outlets in the US in March. Revenue fell 9.5 per cent to $248.5m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores