UK: Burberry files trademark lawsuit against South Korea's SBW
Burberry is understood to have tried to settle the dispute before taking legal action
Luxury business Burberry has filed a trademark infringement lawsuit against South Korean underwear manufacturer SBW.
The patent violation lawsuit was filed with the Seoul Central District Court this week over SBW's Try underwear, which is said to be carrying Burberry's trademarked check pattern.
"Burberry confirms that it has taken legal action against TRY for trademark infringement," a spokesperson for the UK fashion house said. "As a global luxury brand, Burberry considers the protection of its trademarks vital to the health of its business and brand. Burberry protects both its brand and its customers by defending its intellectual property rights and will always act against the abuse of its trademarks."
Burberry is understood to have tried to settle the dispute before taking legal action but was unable to reach an amicable agreement.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Burberry Group plc (BRBY) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by G...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate ...
Well-known global mass brands, in particular Uniqlo, have proven to be the most important factor impacting the channel in 2013. Uniqlo has been the outstanding performer amongst these global mass bran...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report