UK: Burberry files trademark lawsuit against South Korea's SBW
Burberry is understood to have tried to settle the dispute before taking legal action
Luxury business Burberry has filed a trademark infringement lawsuit against South Korean underwear manufacturer SBW.
The patent violation lawsuit was filed with the Seoul Central District Court this week over SBW's Try underwear, which is said to be carrying Burberry's trademarked check pattern.
"Burberry confirms that it has taken legal action against TRY for trademark infringement," a spokesperson for the UK fashion house said. "As a global luxury brand, Burberry considers the protection of its trademarks vital to the health of its business and brand. Burberry protects both its brand and its customers by defending its intellectual property rights and will always act against the abuse of its trademarks."
Burberry is understood to have tried to settle the dispute before taking legal action but was unable to reach an amicable agreement.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate ...
Well-known global mass brands, in particular Uniqlo, have proven to be the most important factor impacting the channel in 2013. Uniqlo has been the outstanding performer amongst these global mass bran...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Hats, Caps, And Millinery in US$ Million. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin Ame...
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Tesco's H1 profit plunge: What the analysts say
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Collapsed Cambodia factory had structural issues
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre