UK: Burberry files trademark lawsuit against South Korea's SBW
Burberry is understood to have tried to settle the dispute before taking legal action
Luxury business Burberry has filed a trademark infringement lawsuit against South Korean underwear manufacturer SBW.
The patent violation lawsuit was filed with the Seoul Central District Court this week over SBW's Try underwear, which is said to be carrying Burberry's trademarked check pattern.
"Burberry confirms that it has taken legal action against TRY for trademark infringement," a spokesperson for the UK fashion house said. "As a global luxury brand, Burberry considers the protection of its trademarks vital to the health of its business and brand. Burberry protects both its brand and its customers by defending its intellectual property rights and will always act against the abuse of its trademarks."
Burberry is understood to have tried to settle the dispute before taking legal action but was unable to reach an amicable agreement.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate ...
Well-known global mass brands, in particular Uniqlo, have proven to be the most important factor impacting the channel in 2013. Uniqlo has been the outstanding performer amongst these global mass bran...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Hats, Caps, And Millinery in US$ Million. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin Ame...
- Slow fashion: a fast-growing opportunity?
- Rethink needed as low-cost labour options dwindle
- China's apparel sector ponders sustainability
- US textile and apparel trade and sourcing snapshot
- US footwear trade and sourcing snapshot
- Tazreen Fashions compensation agreement outlined
- Puma commits to 100% PFC removal
- US trade snapshot shows apparel and footwear shift
- Long-term partnerships key to Adidas sourcing mode
- Bangladesh Alliance unveils fire safety initiative