UK: Burberry files trademark lawsuit against South Korea's SBW
Burberry is understood to have tried to settle the dispute before taking legal action
Luxury business Burberry has filed a trademark infringement lawsuit against South Korean underwear manufacturer SBW.
The patent violation lawsuit was filed with the Seoul Central District Court this week over SBW's Try underwear, which is said to be carrying Burberry's trademarked check pattern.
"Burberry confirms that it has taken legal action against TRY for trademark infringement," a spokesperson for the UK fashion house said. "As a global luxury brand, Burberry considers the protection of its trademarks vital to the health of its business and brand. Burberry protects both its brand and its customers by defending its intellectual property rights and will always act against the abuse of its trademarks."
Burberry is understood to have tried to settle the dispute before taking legal action but was unable to reach an amicable agreement.
What key strengths and strategies are helping retailers to take the lead? Building fully integrated and flexible supply chains, with an end-to-end focus on ethics and responsibility will help to separ...
Canadean's "Stella International Holdings Limited - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, ma...
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Overcapacity in China could reshape fibre markets
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Cambodia’s focus on garment production also a risk
- C&A helps grow organic cotton production in China
- US Q2 in brief - G-III Apparel, A&F, Sears
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras