UK: Burberry files trademark lawsuit against South Korea's SBW
Burberry is understood to have tried to settle the dispute before taking legal action
Luxury business Burberry has filed a trademark infringement lawsuit against South Korean underwear manufacturer SBW.
The patent violation lawsuit was filed with the Seoul Central District Court this week over SBW's Try underwear, which is said to be carrying Burberry's trademarked check pattern.
"Burberry confirms that it has taken legal action against TRY for trademark infringement," a spokesperson for the UK fashion house said. "As a global luxury brand, Burberry considers the protection of its trademarks vital to the health of its business and brand. Burberry protects both its brand and its customers by defending its intellectual property rights and will always act against the abuse of its trademarks."
Burberry is understood to have tried to settle the dispute before taking legal action but was unable to reach an amicable agreement.
What key strengths and strategies are helping retailers to take the lead? Building fully integrated and flexible supply chains, with an end-to-end focus on ethics and responsibility will help to separ...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Burberry Group plc (BRBY) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by G...
Canadean's "Stella International Holdings Limited - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, ma...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate ...
Well-known global mass brands, in particular Uniqlo, have proven to be the most important factor impacting the channel in 2013. Uniqlo has been the outstanding performer amongst these global mass bran...
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- US West Coast port contract reached
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide