UK: Burberry Floats On Stock Exchange
Shares in famous fashion label Burberry began trading on the London Stock Exchange on Friday at an initial price of 230 pence per share. The offer price valued the 146-year-old company at £1.15 billion after owner GUS decided to sell a 22.5 per cent stake in the brand. Earlier this week, GUS was forced to dismiss rumours it planned to delay the IPO at the last minute due to uncertain market conditions.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores