UK: Burberry Rebuffs Reports Of Laura Ashley Bid
Burberry Group Plc has hit back at newspaper reports alleging that Burberry chief executive Rose Marie Bravo is considering a bid for troubled clothing and furnishings retailer Laura Ashley.
The luxury brand said a report in Financial Mail on Sunday outlining the plans was "complete nonsense."
The newspaper said Bravo had sounded out private equity firm KKR about a potential bid for the group which is 43 per cent owned by Malayan United Industries Bhd.
Companies: Burberry Group Plc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
We're now in an age in which "brand is king" says Stacy Baker, author of a new report on the state of the apparel branding industry. That said, what does the concept of a good branding strategy mean t...
For the past 20 years Wal-Mart has redefined the way most retailers and manufacturers across channels and categories have done business. Every apparel company has been affected thanks to the retail gi...
Luxury goods label Burberry has given its backing to supermodel Kate Moss, who has been brandished a disgrace for her drug habit....
Luxury UK goods company Burberry has threatened to take legal action against a company selling clothing for ferrets in check fabric similar to its own....
Luxury goods company Burberry Group Plc has reported a 1.2 per cent drop in first-half sales, dragged down by a fall in wholesale revenue....
Upmarket fashion label Burberry Group has named a new chief executive to replace Rose Marie Bravo, who is to quit the role next July....
Luxury goods company Burberry's chief executive, Rose Marie Bravo, is to quit her position with the company when it demerges from majority shareholder GUS, according to media reports....
Burberry and Chanel have become the latest companies to drop Kate Moss amid lurid stories about her personal life and photographs allegedly showing the model snorting cocaine....
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts