UK: Burberry to stream shows in 25 stores
Luxury goods firm Burberry has announced plans to stream its Spring Summer 2011 collection via 'retail theatres' in 25 flagship stores.
Burberry has been developing and testing the transmissions over several months, it said. The technology enables Burberry to broadcast content directly from its global headquarters across all platforms, including stores and multiple devices.
It means customers in store will explore the collection through iPads, where they will be able to buy immediately through a custom-built Burberry app following a private viewing of the show on high definition screens spanning 3x3 meters.
Christopher Bailey, Burberry chief creative officer, said: "We are really excited to be launching 'Burberry Retail Theatre' enabling the first ever live simultaneous virtual trunk shows in our stores globally.
"This concept allows us to broadcast our multi faceted content all over the world, directly to our stores, creating a modern and pure brand environment. Customers at the exclusive in-store digital events will experience the clothes, the music, the energy and the atmosphere in real time and have the unique opportunity to receive their orders in just seven weeks."
Burberry, which is headquartered in London and a member of the FTSE100, was founded in 1856.
While some retailers continued to be vulnerable to cost-cutting, swingeing redundancies and store closures in 2010, others acted swiftly to respond to the changing economic circumstances, offering rea...
British luxury fashion group Mulberry today (21 January) said its full year results are set to be better than expected after like-for-like sales in its own stores soared 70% over the key Christmas per...
Cashmere yarn spinner Todd & Duncan has promoted its finance director Iain Cormack to the additional role of deputy managing director....
Luxury goods firm Burberry Group has posted a 27% increase in third quarter sales, and predicted full-year profits ahead of expectations. ...
Taking a look at the week ahead for the footwear and apparel industry, here is news editor Joe Ayling's snapshot of just-style's latest news and insights agenda. ...
Online luxury children's-wear retailer AlexandAlexa has been boosted by a GBP1.5m (US$2.3m) investment from private equity firm MMC Ventures (MMC) to help drive its international expansion....
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack