UK: Burberry's Cartwright named Harvey Nichols CEO
Stacey Cartwright is the new chief executive at Harvey Nichols
Stacey Cartwright, the former finance direct at Burberry, is to join luxury fashion retailer Harvey Nichols as its new chief executive.
She replaces Joseph Wan, who has held the position of CEO for 21 years and who will be retiring at the end of March.
Cartwright was CFO and executive vice president of Burberry Group Plc for nine years, where she played a key role helping to transform the company into a world-leading luxury brand.
During her tenure, turnover jumped from GBP676m to GBP2bn, and the brand expanded into new markets including China and the Middle East.
"I am excited by the opportunity to further develop this world class brand both in the UK and internationally," Cartwright said.
Harvey Nichols Group Limited is owned by the Hong Kong based retail magnate, Dr Dickson Poon.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar