UK: Bureau Veritas appoints EMEA social compliance director
Testing and certification firm Bureau Veritas Consumer Products Services is strengthening its inspections, assessments and audits team with the appointment of David Croft as its new social compliance director EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa).
Croft previously held senior corporate social responsibility (CSR) positions at Intertek and Specialised Technology Resources UK, and in his new role will be responsible for managing and enhancing the firm's social compliance operations in EMEA.
He will be working closely with major brands, retailers and suppliers to help them develop and improve their ethical programmes.
"David will use all his experience and especially that of developing and operating global social compliance programmes across multiple sourcing locations and cultures, to explore and realise opportunities for new services and products in order to fulfil the CSR needs of our clients," noted Randy Rankin, vice president CSR services.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands