Bureau Veritas partners with Portugal's Quality Lab
Auditing firm Bureau Veritas has partnered with Portuguese laboratory Quality Lab in a move designed to help it better serve its softlines clients in southern Europe.
Quality Lab specialises in analytical/physical testing and fibre analysis for the textile industry located in the north of Portugal. The partnership, Bureau Veritas says, reinforces its footprint in Portugal where textiles generates 9% of the country's exports, employs in excess of 100,000 people, and is one of the country's oldest industries.
"Portugal is a region where many of our retail clients are sourcing from and it is a logical step for us to develop our network wherever our clients need," said Mark Agius, VP of Europe, Middle East & Africa for Bureau Veritas.
Founded in 2009 and located in Trofa, Quality Lab is equipped with modern testing equipment, and manned by a team of highly skilled employees. The laboratory performs physical and chemical testing to assess the safety, compliance and quality of apparel and textile products.
This will be the second European partnership for Bureau Veritas in the last few months. In December, the auditing firm acquired Italian softline luxury goods and apparel testing laboratory Certest in a deal aimed at expanding its consumer products business in Europe.
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020