US: Burgess to lead Hudson's Bay digital division
Canadian department store retailer Hudson's Bay Company has created a new digital division, which will be led by Michael Burgess.
Burgess, who most recently served as president of Saks Direct, will take up the role of president of HBC Digital.
With the completion of Hudson's Bay's acquisition of US-based luxury retailer Saks last year, the newly-created role becomes the lead for digital across the company, a spokesperson for HBC told just-style today (30 January).
Chairman and CEO Richard Baker said: "HBC Digital will leverage our scale and will help unlock a great deal of opportunity across all of our businesses."
"As our customers' expectations continue to evolve and the lines between digital marketing and commerce continue to blur, we feel this group not only creates near-term benefits, but also will enable HBC to become more nimble in the digital marketplace."
Canadian department store operator Hudson's Bay Company has appointed retail veteran Gerald Storch as chief executive....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the home textile industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate soci...
Canadian department store operator Hudson's Bay Company has narrowed its net loss in the third quarter and reaffirmed its guidance for the full year....
Canadian department store operator Hudson's Bay Company has outlined a US$1.25bn refinancing plan that will allow it to improve and renovate its Saks flagship store....
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)