US: Burgess to lead Hudson's Bay digital division
Canadian department store retailer Hudson's Bay Company has created a new digital division, which will be led by Michael Burgess.
Burgess, who most recently served as president of Saks Direct, will take up the role of president of HBC Digital.
With the completion of Hudson's Bay's acquisition of US-based luxury retailer Saks last year, the newly-created role becomes the lead for digital across the company, a spokesperson for HBC told just-style today (30 January).
Chairman and CEO Richard Baker said: "HBC Digital will leverage our scale and will help unlock a great deal of opportunity across all of our businesses."
"As our customers' expectations continue to evolve and the lines between digital marketing and commerce continue to blur, we feel this group not only creates near-term benefits, but also will enable HBC to become more nimble in the digital marketplace."
Canadian department store operator Hudson's Bay Company has appointed retail veteran Gerald Storch as chief executive....
The company’s strategic aim is to continue focusing on department stores and its flagship Hudson’s Bay brand across Canada, with particularly strong support for the top 10 outlets with highest volume ...
Canadian department store operator Hudson's Bay Company has narrowed its net loss in the third quarter and reaffirmed its guidance for the full year....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate ...
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- Ultimate frontier Myanmar uplifts Bogart Lingerie
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Direct sourcing helps M&S narrow the gap with Next
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Nike accelerates digital strategy with new hire
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Practical Price Negotiation
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020