US: Burgess to lead Hudson's Bay digital division
Canadian department store retailer Hudson's Bay Company has created a new digital division, which will be led by Michael Burgess.
Burgess, who most recently served as president of Saks Direct, will take up the role of president of HBC Digital.
With the completion of Hudson's Bay's acquisition of US-based luxury retailer Saks last year, the newly-created role becomes the lead for digital across the company, a spokesperson for HBC told just-style today (30 January).
Chairman and CEO Richard Baker said: "HBC Digital will leverage our scale and will help unlock a great deal of opportunity across all of our businesses."
"As our customers' expectations continue to evolve and the lines between digital marketing and commerce continue to blur, we feel this group not only creates near-term benefits, but also will enable HBC to become more nimble in the digital marketplace."
Canadian department store operator Hudson's Bay Company has appointed retail veteran Gerald Storch as chief executive....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the home textile industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate soci...
Canadian department store operator Hudson's Bay Company has narrowed its net loss in the third quarter and reaffirmed its guidance for the full year....
Canadian department store operator Hudson's Bay Company has outlined a US$1.25bn refinancing plan that will allow it to improve and renovate its Saks flagship store....
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- US Q2 in brief - Carter's, Wolverine Worldwide
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Southeast Asia & Central America strategic sourcing reviews package deal
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis