US: Burgess to lead Hudson's Bay digital division
Canadian department store retailer Hudson's Bay Company has created a new digital division, which will be led by Michael Burgess.
Burgess, who most recently served as president of Saks Direct, will take up the role of president of HBC Digital.
With the completion of Hudson's Bay's acquisition of US-based luxury retailer Saks last year, the newly-created role becomes the lead for digital across the company, a spokesperson for HBC told just-style today (30 January).
Chairman and CEO Richard Baker said: "HBC Digital will leverage our scale and will help unlock a great deal of opportunity across all of our businesses."
"As our customers' expectations continue to evolve and the lines between digital marketing and commerce continue to blur, we feel this group not only creates near-term benefits, but also will enable HBC to become more nimble in the digital marketplace."
Canadian department store operator Hudson's Bay Company has appointed retail veteran Gerald Storch as chief executive....
Canadian department store operator Hudson's Bay Company has narrowed its net loss in the third quarter and reaffirmed its guidance for the full year....
Canadian department store operator Hudson's Bay Company has outlined a US$1.25bn refinancing plan that will allow it to improve and renovate its Saks flagship store....
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- US Q2 in brief - Burlington Stores, Destination XL
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory