USA: Burlington Appoints McGregor President and Chief Operating Officer
Burlington Industries, Inc. (NYSE: BUR) announced today that Douglas J. McGregor, formerly Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of M.A. Hanna Company, will join Burlington as President and Chief Operating Officer effective June 1, 2000. McGregor will report directly to George W. Henderson, III, Burlington's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. He will assume operational responsibilities currently divided between Henderson and Vice Chairman Abe Stenberg who is retiring in December. McGregor will be elected to the Board of Directors in July.Henderson said, "We are delighted to have someone with Doug McGregor's depth of business experience. His remarkable record of building fast-moving, profitable operations will help us continue our drive to increase speed and achieve superior operating performance in all of our divisions. This is an exciting time for Burlington Industries with our global expansion of sales and manufacturing, as well as our technology initiatives."M.A. Hanna Company is a $2.3 billion international specialty polymers company focused in the global plastic and rubber industries. McGregor, 59, joined M.A. Hanna in 1988 after 15 years with Rockwell International, his last 4 years as President of the Light Vehicles Components Group. Prior to Rockwell he was employed with Ford Motor Company for 10 years. At M.A. Hanna, McGregor served successively as EVP of Operations, President and Chief Operating Officer, and Chairman and CEO. He currently serves on the Board of Directors for Vulcan Materials and KeyCorp.McGregor, a native of Detroit, holds a BA degree from the University of Michigan and an MBA from Eastern Michigan University. He and his wife, Charlotte, will be moving from Cleveland to the Greensboro area. They have two children.Burlington Industries is one of the world's largest and most diversified manufacturers of softgoods for apparel and interior furnishings.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022