USA: Burlington Appoints McGregor President and Chief Operating Officer
Burlington Industries, Inc. (NYSE: BUR) announced today that Douglas J. McGregor, formerly Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of M.A. Hanna Company, will join Burlington as President and Chief Operating Officer effective June 1, 2000. McGregor will report directly to George W. Henderson, III, Burlington's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. He will assume operational responsibilities currently divided between Henderson and Vice Chairman Abe Stenberg who is retiring in December. McGregor will be elected to the Board of Directors in July.Henderson said, "We are delighted to have someone with Doug McGregor's depth of business experience. His remarkable record of building fast-moving, profitable operations will help us continue our drive to increase speed and achieve superior operating performance in all of our divisions. This is an exciting time for Burlington Industries with our global expansion of sales and manufacturing, as well as our technology initiatives."M.A. Hanna Company is a $2.3 billion international specialty polymers company focused in the global plastic and rubber industries. McGregor, 59, joined M.A. Hanna in 1988 after 15 years with Rockwell International, his last 4 years as President of the Light Vehicles Components Group. Prior to Rockwell he was employed with Ford Motor Company for 10 years. At M.A. Hanna, McGregor served successively as EVP of Operations, President and Chief Operating Officer, and Chairman and CEO. He currently serves on the Board of Directors for Vulcan Materials and KeyCorp.McGregor, a native of Detroit, holds a BA degree from the University of Michigan and an MBA from Eastern Michigan University. He and his wife, Charlotte, will be moving from Cleveland to the Greensboro area. They have two children.Burlington Industries is one of the world's largest and most diversified manufacturers of softgoods for apparel and interior furnishings.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020