USA: Burlington Appoints McGregor President and Chief Operating Officer
Henderson said, "We are delighted to have someone with Doug McGregor's depth of business experience. His remarkable record of building fast-moving, profitable operations will help us continue our drive to increase speed and achieve superior operating performance in all of our divisions. This is an exciting time for Burlington Industries with our global expansion of sales and manufacturing, as well as our technology initiatives."
M.A. Hanna Company is a $2.3 billion international specialty polymers company focused in the global plastic and rubber industries. McGregor, 59, joined M.A. Hanna in 1988 after 15 years with Rockwell International, his last 4 years as President of the Light Vehicles Components Group. Prior to Rockwell he was employed with Ford Motor Company for 10 years. At M.A. Hanna, McGregor served successively as EVP of Operations, President and Chief Operating Officer, and Chairman and CEO. He currently serves on the Board of Directors for Vulcan Materials and KeyCorp.
McGregor, a native of Detroit, holds a BA degree from the University of Michigan and an MBA from Eastern Michigan University. He and his wife, Charlotte, will be moving from Cleveland to the Greensboro area. They have two children.
Burlington Industries is one of the world's largest and most diversified manufacturers of softgoods for apparel and interior furnishings.
Companies: Asda Group Limited
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
High-street design favourite George Davies is to take on the task of rejuvenating Marks & Spencer's children's wear collections, press reports said....
Apprel group VF has appointed George Irion as head of a new procurement organisation structure designed to identify cross-coalition purchasing opportunities and alliances for VF....
Retail operations and security specialist Paul Burrows has joined Norprint Labelling Systems Limited to head up retail security development....
Supermarket chain Asda is to take on 2,800 new employees across its British stores as it continues to expand into non-food sectors including clothing....
High-street retailer Marks & Spencer today reported a 19.6 per cent hike in first-half profits - and made the surprise announcement that Per Una founder George Davies is to stay on at the company, a m...
City analyst Richard Ratner has warned of a legal clash between high-street chain Marks & Spencer and George Davies, founder of its Per Una range, if Davies continues with his plan to establish a comp...
Design consultant George Davies, who last week announced his departure from Marks & Spencer's Per Una fashion brand, is planning to establish a stand-alone clothing chain to rival M&S....
Global lifestyle brand Nautica has signed a deal with lifestyle sports entertainment company AVP Pro Beach Volleyball Tour Inc to be the official sponsor of volleyball touring series the AVP Nissan Se...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report