USA: Burlington Appoints McGregor President and Chief Operating Officer
Burlington Industries, Inc. (NYSE: BUR) announced today that Douglas J. McGregor, formerly Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of M.A. Hanna Company, will join Burlington as President and Chief Operating Officer effective June 1, 2000. McGregor will report directly to George W. Henderson, III, Burlington's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. He will assume operational responsibilities currently divided between Henderson and Vice Chairman Abe Stenberg who is retiring in December. McGregor will be elected to the Board of Directors in July.Henderson said, "We are delighted to have someone with Doug McGregor's depth of business experience. His remarkable record of building fast-moving, profitable operations will help us continue our drive to increase speed and achieve superior operating performance in all of our divisions. This is an exciting time for Burlington Industries with our global expansion of sales and manufacturing, as well as our technology initiatives."M.A. Hanna Company is a $2.3 billion international specialty polymers company focused in the global plastic and rubber industries. McGregor, 59, joined M.A. Hanna in 1988 after 15 years with Rockwell International, his last 4 years as President of the Light Vehicles Components Group. Prior to Rockwell he was employed with Ford Motor Company for 10 years. At M.A. Hanna, McGregor served successively as EVP of Operations, President and Chief Operating Officer, and Chairman and CEO. He currently serves on the Board of Directors for Vulcan Materials and KeyCorp.McGregor, a native of Detroit, holds a BA degree from the University of Michigan and an MBA from Eastern Michigan University. He and his wife, Charlotte, will be moving from Cleveland to the Greensboro area. They have two children.Burlington Industries is one of the world's largest and most diversified manufacturers of softgoods for apparel and interior furnishings.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective