US: Burlington Coat Factory books US$11.1m Q1 profit
- Q1 adjusted net profit $11.1m, up from $0.8m
- Net sales up 8.4% to $1.065bn
- Comparable store sales up 3.4%
Retailer Burlington Coat Factory recorded a strong improvement to its first quarter profit, boosted by a near-double-digit sales increase and a 3.4% comparable store sales rise.
The company also said that gross margins had improved in the three-month period ended 4 May.
President and CEO Tom Kingsbury said he was “very pleased” with the result and added: “We continue to stay focused on delivering more fresh values to our customers on a daily basis.”
Private eqiuity firm Advent International has declined to comment on reports its fashion chain, Charlotte Russe, is in talks about a potential initial public offering (IPO)....
US retailer Burlington Stores has said it expects to raise US$205m from an initial public offering (IPO) of 13.3m shares of its common stock at $17.00 per share....
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report