US: Burlington Coat Factory posts Q2 sales rise
Apparel retailer Burlington Coat Factory saw net sales jump 8.9% on the back of increased sales of women's merchandise.
Net sales for the quarter reached US$864.2m, compared to $793.3m the same quarter last year, while comparative store sales increased 2.9%.
CEO Tom Kingsbury said: "I am very pleased with our 8.9% total sales increase and 2.9% comparative store sales increase for the quarter, which is on top of a 4% comparative store sales increase in the prior year.
"We continue to be especially pleased with the performance of those businesses that cater to our core female consumer: Ladies apparel, accessories and ladies shoes."
Net sales for the six months reached $1.85bn, up 7.2%, reflecting a 1.7% comparative store sales increase for the period.
Ten Los Angeles based garment contractors making clothes for retailers including Dillard's, Forever 21, Ross Stores and Urban Outfitters have been accused of serious labour violations....
US apparel retailer Burlington Coat Factory has seen its third-quarter net loss narrow on the back of rising sales....
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack