US: Burlington Coat Factory Q3 loss narrows as sales rise
- Q3 loss narrowed to $14.2m
- Sales increased 7.7% to $967.9m
- Comparative store sales up 2.1%
US apparel retailer Burlington Coat Factory has seen its third-quarter net loss narrow on the back of rising sales.
Net loss narrowed to US$14.2m for the quarter to 27 October, compared to a $13.4m loss last year.
The company, which operates 497 stores, saw net sales increase 7.7% to $967.9m against $898.7m the prior year. Comparative store sales climbed 2.1% on top of a 1.5% rise the year before.
Commenting on the sales increase last month, CEO Tom Kingsbury said: "We continue to be very pleased with our inventory management which once again has resulted in reduced comparative store inventories, faster inventory turns and reduced aged goods."
For the first nine months of the year, net loss narrowed to $42.6m, compared to a loss of $64.1m the same period last year. Sales rose 7.4% to $2.81bn during the nine months, compared to $2.62bn the prior year.
A 7.2% rise in sales has helped Burlington Coat Factory swing to a full-year profit, with the retailer saying it is "very excited" about the year ahead....
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details