USA: Burlington Coat Factory Reports Fourth Quarter Sales
Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse Corporation (NYSE) announced today that net sales for the fourth quarter ended June 3, 2000 (14 weeks) were $534.4 million compared with $455.6 million for the prior year 13 week period ended May 29, 1999. The net sales for the fourteenth week were $33.4 million this year. Total sales for the quarter, excluding the extra week, increased 10.0%. During the fourth quarter comparative store sales (14 weeks versus 14 weeks) increased 0.1%. Net sales for the twelve months ended June 3, 2000 (53 weeks) were $2,242.5 million compared with $1,988.5 million for the prior year 52 week period ended May 29, 1999. Total sales for the year, excluding the extra week this year increased 11.1%. This reflects a 2.2% comparative store sales increase (53 weeks versus 53 weeks) for the twelve months. In response to the SEC Staff Accounting Bulletin No. 101 regarding Revenue Recognition, certain reclassifications and adjustments to sales relative to leased departments and layaway sales will be reflected at the time our Fourth Quarter earnings are released. The above reported sales do not incorporate these reclassifications and adjustments. During the year the Company opened 23 new stores, closed 4 stores, relocated 4 stores and expanded an additional 6 locations resulting in a 10.7% increase in total square feet. Burlington Coat Factory operates 282 stores in 42 states, primarily under the name "Burlington Coat Factory".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022