US: Burlington Coat names Kohl’s exec Kingsbury as CEO
Kingsbury will replace Mark Nesci who is retiring after a 37-year career at Burlington Coat Factory, the last two and a half years as CEO.
In his 30-plus year career as an apparel retailer, Kingsbury most recently served as senior executive vice president at Kohl's Department Stores where he was responsible for overseeing marketing, business development, e-commerce and information technology.
Prior to Kohl's, he rose through the ranks in several divisions of the former May Department Stores Company, ultimately serving for seven years as president and CEO of Filene's/Kaufmann's, May's largest division.
"The similarity in our backgrounds gives me confidence that Tom will be a great fit for BCF," said Nesci.
"He is a strong believer in the off-price business model, and he is truly energised by the opportunities he sees for our company."
Burlington Coat Factory operates 427 stores, and in October reported that rising sales and margins helped reduce its first quarter loss to US$32.5m from $50.4m.
The company's sales were up 4.2% to $707m, boosted by new store openings.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' May 2009 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
US department store chain Kohl's Corporation has reported net income for the quarter ended 2 May of US$137m, compared with $153m a year ago....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' April 2009 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
US department store chain Kohl's Corporation has announced the launch of LC Lauren Conrad, a new lifestyle brand named after The Hills actress turned fashion designer....
Burlington Coat Factory Investments Holdings recorded a 12.9% boost to third quarter EBITDA, thanks to rising sales and large-scale cost reductions....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' March 2009 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Retailer Kohl's Department Stores is adding 11 new stores to its roster during April, completing a total of 19 new openings this spring....
Apparel maker Perry Ellis International has swung to a fourth quarter loss after writing down the value of some of its brands and taking higher markdowns at department and specialty stores....
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Lenzing unveils new sustainability strategy
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar