US: Burlington develops 'Just US' worsted wool fabrics
Burlington, a division of International Textile Group, has developed a line of worsted wool fabrics woven and finished in the US.
The 'Just US' fabric collection, Burlington says, is intended for men's trousers, suits, suit separates, blazers, and sports coats - and is designed to be used for made-to-measure, custom tailors and branded and better department stores and speciality shop brands.
"Burlington's new collection of fine worsted fabrics opens up exciting opportunities for Made in America better apparel," said Peter Baumann, SVP of merchandising for Burlington men's wear.
"Fine worsted fabrics are a pillar to creating contemporary classic styling, but more recently these fabrics have not been produced in the United States. With our new Just US worsteds, made in Cordova and Raeford, North Carolina, designers and brands can now re-connect the heritage of classic men's dress with modern constructions and color ways for performance and year-round comfort."
The 'Just US' fabric collection is launching for autumn 2015, with samples currently available for viewing.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Textile Mills in United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contai...
This report contains vital industry-specific data including metrics, benchmarks, historic numbers, growth rates and forecasts that will save countless hours of research. Key findings: Textile Mills, F...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Nicaragua apparel and shoe firms to double in size
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Stock-out paradox persists despite data overload
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019