US: Burlington develops 'Just US' worsted wool fabrics
Burlington, a division of International Textile Group, has developed a line of worsted wool fabrics woven and finished in the US.
The 'Just US' fabric collection, Burlington says, is intended for men's trousers, suits, suit separates, blazers, and sports coats - and is designed to be used for made-to-measure, custom tailors and branded and better department stores and speciality shop brands.
"Burlington's new collection of fine worsted fabrics opens up exciting opportunities for Made in America better apparel," said Peter Baumann, SVP of merchandising for Burlington men's wear.
"Fine worsted fabrics are a pillar to creating contemporary classic styling, but more recently these fabrics have not been produced in the United States. With our new Just US worsteds, made in Cordova and Raeford, North Carolina, designers and brands can now re-connect the heritage of classic men's dress with modern constructions and color ways for performance and year-round comfort."
The 'Just US' fabric collection is launching for autumn 2015, with samples currently available for viewing.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Textile Mills in United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contai...
This report contains vital industry-specific data including metrics, benchmarks, historic numbers, growth rates and forecasts that will save countless hours of research. Key findings: Textile Mills, F...
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Alliance brands "staying the course" in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Amazon Prime Day a big win for apparel
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Bangladesh denied US GSP re-entry on worker rights
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis