US: Burlington develops 'Just US' worsted wool fabrics
Burlington, a division of International Textile Group, has developed a line of worsted wool fabrics woven and finished in the US.
The 'Just US' fabric collection, Burlington says, is intended for men's trousers, suits, suit separates, blazers, and sports coats - and is designed to be used for made-to-measure, custom tailors and branded and better department stores and speciality shop brands.
"Burlington's new collection of fine worsted fabrics opens up exciting opportunities for Made in America better apparel," said Peter Baumann, SVP of merchandising for Burlington men's wear.
"Fine worsted fabrics are a pillar to creating contemporary classic styling, but more recently these fabrics have not been produced in the United States. With our new Just US worsteds, made in Cordova and Raeford, North Carolina, designers and brands can now re-connect the heritage of classic men's dress with modern constructions and color ways for performance and year-round comfort."
The 'Just US' fabric collection is launching for autumn 2015, with samples currently available for viewing.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Better factory conditions boost the bottom line
- Is there more to Primark's woes than the weather?
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Why synthetic fibres are a safe bet for the future
- Brexit may hit suppliers with UK duty-free access
- Vietnam's Vinatex opens $5.7m garment factory
- H&M living wage commitments criticised in Cambodia
- New US tariff classifications impact woven apparel
- Natural plant dyed eco-friendly cellulosic yarns