US: Burlington develops 'Just US' worsted wool fabrics
Burlington, a division of International Textile Group, has developed a line of worsted wool fabrics woven and finished in the US.
The 'Just US' fabric collection, Burlington says, is intended for men's trousers, suits, suit separates, blazers, and sports coats - and is designed to be used for made-to-measure, custom tailors and branded and better department stores and speciality shop brands.
"Burlington's new collection of fine worsted fabrics opens up exciting opportunities for Made in America better apparel," said Peter Baumann, SVP of merchandising for Burlington men's wear.
"Fine worsted fabrics are a pillar to creating contemporary classic styling, but more recently these fabrics have not been produced in the United States. With our new Just US worsteds, made in Cordova and Raeford, North Carolina, designers and brands can now re-connect the heritage of classic men's dress with modern constructions and color ways for performance and year-round comfort."
The 'Just US' fabric collection is launching for autumn 2015, with samples currently available for viewing.
Burlington, a division of International Textile Group, is partnering with fibre and yarn manufacturer PurThread Technologies to embed antimicrobial and anti-odour protection into its fabrics. ...
Textile Mills in United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contai...
This report contains vital industry-specific data including metrics, benchmarks, historic numbers, growth rates and forecasts that will save countless hours of research. Key findings: Textile Mills, F...
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- New Gap CEO set to tackle “aesthetic issue”
- Falling euro adds to Bangladesh production woes
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Myanmar Code of Conduct a first step in compliance
- M&S Asia head quits as China stores to close
- Abercrombie & Fitch reports “dismal” FY
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- US labour concerns at Honduras apparel makers
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019