US: Burlington develops 'Just US' worsted wool fabrics
Burlington, a division of International Textile Group, has developed a line of worsted wool fabrics woven and finished in the US.
The 'Just US' fabric collection, Burlington says, is intended for men's trousers, suits, suit separates, blazers, and sports coats - and is designed to be used for made-to-measure, custom tailors and branded and better department stores and speciality shop brands.
"Burlington's new collection of fine worsted fabrics opens up exciting opportunities for Made in America better apparel," said Peter Baumann, SVP of merchandising for Burlington men's wear.
"Fine worsted fabrics are a pillar to creating contemporary classic styling, but more recently these fabrics have not been produced in the United States. With our new Just US worsteds, made in Cordova and Raeford, North Carolina, designers and brands can now re-connect the heritage of classic men's dress with modern constructions and color ways for performance and year-round comfort."
The 'Just US' fabric collection is launching for autumn 2015, with samples currently available for viewing.
The International Textile Group (ITG) has expanded its line of fabrics to include Hendry Bishop, a range including both the Burlington and Cone Denim brands....
Textile Mills in United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contai...
This report contains vital industry-specific data including metrics, benchmarks, historic numbers, growth rates and forecasts that will save countless hours of research. Key findings: Textile Mills, F...
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Apparel manufacturing leads US reshoring trend
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- Triumph recalls 22,000 bras for underwire fault