USA: Burlington Reports First Quarter Sales and Net Loss
Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse Corporation (NYSE-BCF) today reported its net loss and sales for the first quarter ended September 2, 2000. For the three months ended September 2, 2000, the net loss was $13,536,000 or $.30 per share before an extraordinary loss from early extinguishment of debt. Including an after tax extraordinary loss from early extinguishment of debt of $815,000, the net loss was $14,351,000 or $.32 per share. This compares with a net loss of $8,678,000 or $.19 per share before the cumulative effect of an accounting change for the corresponding period ended August 28, 1999 last year. Including an after tax loss from cumulative effect of an accounting change of $1,356,000, the net loss was $10,034,000 or $.22 per share for the corresponding period ended August 28, 1999. Sales for the three months ended September 2, 2000 were $415,671,000 compared with sales of $374,789,000 during the corresponding period ended August 28, 1999 last year. Comparative store sales for the quarter increased 1.4 per cent. Total sales for the 13 comparable weeks ended September 4, 1999 were $378,900,000. Total sales for the comparable calendar weeks increased 9.7 per cent
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022