USA: Burlington Reports First Quarter Sales and Net Loss
Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse Corporation (NYSE-BCF) today reported its net loss and sales for the first quarter ended September 2, 2000. For the three months ended September 2, 2000, the net loss was $13,536,000 or $.30 per share before an extraordinary loss from early extinguishment of debt. Including an after tax extraordinary loss from early extinguishment of debt of $815,000, the net loss was $14,351,000 or $.32 per share. This compares with a net loss of $8,678,000 or $.19 per share before the cumulative effect of an accounting change for the corresponding period ended August 28, 1999 last year. Including an after tax loss from cumulative effect of an accounting change of $1,356,000, the net loss was $10,034,000 or $.22 per share for the corresponding period ended August 28, 1999. Sales for the three months ended September 2, 2000 were $415,671,000 compared with sales of $374,789,000 during the corresponding period ended August 28, 1999 last year. Comparative store sales for the quarter increased 1.4 per cent. Total sales for the 13 comparable weeks ended September 4, 1999 were $378,900,000. Total sales for the comparable calendar weeks increased 9.7 per cent
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- just-style Sourcing Survey – share your thoughts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack