USA: Burlington Reports First Quarter Sales and Net Loss
Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse Corporation (NYSE-BCF) today reported its net loss and sales for the first quarter ended September 2, 2000. For the three months ended September 2, 2000, the net loss was $13,536,000 or $.30 per share before an extraordinary loss from early extinguishment of debt. Including an after tax extraordinary loss from early extinguishment of debt of $815,000, the net loss was $14,351,000 or $.32 per share. This compares with a net loss of $8,678,000 or $.19 per share before the cumulative effect of an accounting change for the corresponding period ended August 28, 1999 last year. Including an after tax loss from cumulative effect of an accounting change of $1,356,000, the net loss was $10,034,000 or $.22 per share for the corresponding period ended August 28, 1999. Sales for the three months ended September 2, 2000 were $415,671,000 compared with sales of $374,789,000 during the corresponding period ended August 28, 1999 last year. Comparative store sales for the quarter increased 1.4 per cent. Total sales for the 13 comparable weeks ended September 4, 1999 were $378,900,000. Total sales for the comparable calendar weeks increased 9.7 per cent
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective