USA: Burlington Reports Year Losses Of £527m
Burlington Industries today reported net sales for the fourth quarter of $427.2m, up 5.2 per cent compared with $406m in the fourth quarter a year ago. For the full fiscal year 2000, net sales were $1,620.2mn, compared with $1,651.7m in fiscal year 1999.The net loss for the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2000 was $523.7m, or $10.05 per share. This includes pre-tax charges of $76.5m related to restructuring and asset write downs and impairments, of which $67.2m is recorded as provision for restructuring and impairments, and $9.3m of inventory write-downs and other expenses are recorded in cost of sales. For the full fiscal year 2000, the net loss was $527m, or $10.12 per share, including restructuring-related charges and goodwill writeoff totaling $9.92 per share. This compared with a fiscal year 1999 net loss of $31.5m, or $0.57 per share, which included restructuring-related charges of $0.98 per share.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack