USA: Burlington Reports Year Losses Of £527m
Burlington Industries today reported net sales for the fourth quarter of $427.2m, up 5.2 per cent compared with $406m in the fourth quarter a year ago. For the full fiscal year 2000, net sales were $1,620.2mn, compared with $1,651.7m in fiscal year 1999.The net loss for the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2000 was $523.7m, or $10.05 per share. This includes pre-tax charges of $76.5m related to restructuring and asset write downs and impairments, of which $67.2m is recorded as provision for restructuring and impairments, and $9.3m of inventory write-downs and other expenses are recorded in cost of sales. For the full fiscal year 2000, the net loss was $527m, or $10.12 per share, including restructuring-related charges and goodwill writeoff totaling $9.92 per share. This compared with a fiscal year 1999 net loss of $31.5m, or $0.57 per share, which included restructuring-related charges of $0.98 per share.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report