INDONESIA: Business Leader Warns Of Continued Defections
Leading businessman, Sofyan Wanandi, has blamed Indonesia's unfavourable business climate and, in particular, regular strike action for the desertion of foreign footwear and apparel manufacturers for other Asian countries. Mr Wanandi, head of the Gemala Group, a conglomerate with interests in the automotive, pharmaceutical, chemical, and service sectors, and former chairman of the National Economic Council formed by President Abdurrahman Wahid, said that companies would continue to switch orders to Vietnam, India, Bangladesh and China if the government did not take action.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- EU urged to adopt roadmap for Sri Lanka GSP+ bid
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack