UK: Buyer event to showcase sourcing in Mauritius
Enterprise Mauritius is hoping to place the country firmly at the top of UK and European buyers' minds as an apparel sourcing destination at a 'Fashion Fiesta' being held in London next month.
The promotional event at the Emirates Stadium on 3 and 4 April is designed to provide platform for Mauritian garment and rum manufacturers to showcase their goods to British and European buyers.
The event will comprise a mini-exhibition of high quality garments and accessories, a rum festival led by World Rum Ambassador Ian Burrell, B2B meetings between Mauritian exporters and potential UK and European buyers, and a fashion show comprising items from Mauritian manufacturers' portfolios.
"The Mauritian Fashion Fiesta is expected to attract high profile buyers of textiles and apparel from the UK, other European countries as well as US retail stores and brands based in Europe," organisers say.
"Hence, with this initiative, Enterprise Mauritius is pursuing its quest to place Mauritius firmly on the top of the mind of UK and European buyers and position Mauritius as a 'Reliable Sourcing Partner' for quality fashion products."
Information on the event can be found here.
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- H&M faces margin pressure on dollar impact
- Can the Gap brand reclaim its iconic status?
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- China cotton stockpile auction may shake up market
- Over 8,000 children in Delhi garment industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015