UK: Buyer event to showcase sourcing in Mauritius
Enterprise Mauritius is hoping to place the country firmly at the top of UK and European buyers' minds as an apparel sourcing destination at a 'Fashion Fiesta' being held in London next month.
The promotional event at the Emirates Stadium on 3 and 4 April is designed to provide platform for Mauritian garment and rum manufacturers to showcase their goods to British and European buyers.
The event will comprise a mini-exhibition of high quality garments and accessories, a rum festival led by World Rum Ambassador Ian Burrell, B2B meetings between Mauritian exporters and potential UK and European buyers, and a fashion show comprising items from Mauritian manufacturers' portfolios.
"The Mauritian Fashion Fiesta is expected to attract high profile buyers of textiles and apparel from the UK, other European countries as well as US retail stores and brands based in Europe," organisers say.
"Hence, with this initiative, Enterprise Mauritius is pursuing its quest to place Mauritius firmly on the top of the mind of UK and European buyers and position Mauritius as a 'Reliable Sourcing Partner' for quality fashion products."
Information on the event can be found here.
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Philippines garment sector upbeat over EU GSP+
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Adidas and Timberland commit to responsible down
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead