UK: Buyer event to showcase sourcing in Mauritius
Enterprise Mauritius is hoping to place the country firmly at the top of UK and European buyers' minds as an apparel sourcing destination at a 'Fashion Fiesta' being held in London next month.
The promotional event at the Emirates Stadium on 3 and 4 April is designed to provide platform for Mauritian garment and rum manufacturers to showcase their goods to British and European buyers.
The event will comprise a mini-exhibition of high quality garments and accessories, a rum festival led by World Rum Ambassador Ian Burrell, B2B meetings between Mauritian exporters and potential UK and European buyers, and a fashion show comprising items from Mauritian manufacturers' portfolios.
"The Mauritian Fashion Fiesta is expected to attract high profile buyers of textiles and apparel from the UK, other European countries as well as US retail stores and brands based in Europe," organisers say.
"Hence, with this initiative, Enterprise Mauritius is pursuing its quest to place Mauritius firmly on the top of the mind of UK and European buyers and position Mauritius as a 'Reliable Sourcing Partner' for quality fashion products."
Information on the event can be found here.
- Wearable technology a key trend for 2015
- Retailers react to India forced labour allegations
- Moisture management fabrics enter a new era
- Mexico urges fast-fashion brands to source locally
- COMMENT: Innovation is the name of the game
- Hazardous chemicals found in children's products
- VF rolls out plan to eliminate harmful chemicals
- October "a scary month" for US apparel retailers
- Raising the minimum wage may reduce employment
- UK Primark supplier goes into administration