UK: Buyer event to showcase sourcing in Mauritius
Enterprise Mauritius is hoping to place the country firmly at the top of UK and European buyers' minds as an apparel sourcing destination at a 'Fashion Fiesta' being held in London next month.
The promotional event at the Emirates Stadium on 3 and 4 April is designed to provide platform for Mauritian garment and rum manufacturers to showcase their goods to British and European buyers.
The event will comprise a mini-exhibition of high quality garments and accessories, a rum festival led by World Rum Ambassador Ian Burrell, B2B meetings between Mauritian exporters and potential UK and European buyers, and a fashion show comprising items from Mauritian manufacturers' portfolios.
"The Mauritian Fashion Fiesta is expected to attract high profile buyers of textiles and apparel from the UK, other European countries as well as US retail stores and brands based in Europe," organisers say.
"Hence, with this initiative, Enterprise Mauritius is pursuing its quest to place Mauritius firmly on the top of the mind of UK and European buyers and position Mauritius as a 'Reliable Sourcing Partner' for quality fashion products."
Information on the event can be found here.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Rana Plaza three years on – Timeline of change
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- BHS receives "expressions of interest"
- New loan deal to help upgrade Bangladesh factories
- Lindex planning supplier sustainability scorecard
- Timberland sets new eco-preferred standards