UK: Buyer event to showcase sourcing in Mauritius
Enterprise Mauritius is hoping to place the country firmly at the top of UK and European buyers' minds as an apparel sourcing destination at a 'Fashion Fiesta' being held in London next month.
The promotional event at the Emirates Stadium on 3 and 4 April is designed to provide platform for Mauritian garment and rum manufacturers to showcase their goods to British and European buyers.
The event will comprise a mini-exhibition of high quality garments and accessories, a rum festival led by World Rum Ambassador Ian Burrell, B2B meetings between Mauritian exporters and potential UK and European buyers, and a fashion show comprising items from Mauritian manufacturers' portfolios.
"The Mauritian Fashion Fiesta is expected to attract high profile buyers of textiles and apparel from the UK, other European countries as well as US retail stores and brands based in Europe," organisers say.
"Hence, with this initiative, Enterprise Mauritius is pursuing its quest to place Mauritius firmly on the top of the mind of UK and European buyers and position Mauritius as a 'Reliable Sourcing Partner' for quality fashion products."
Information on the event can be found here.
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam