FRANCE: Buying Gucci Will Cost EUR7.1bn Says PPR CEO
In an interview in Thursday's edition of Le Figaro he said the price tag - which includes the cost of covering stock options for around a hundred Gucci managers including chief executive Domenico de Sole and creative director Tom Ford - had been reduced by about 1 billion euros by the recent fall in the US dollar.
Weinberg justified the price tag saying that the Italian fashion house is still growing strongly.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Following China's promise over a year ago to crack down on fake goods including the country's enormous fashion label-counterfeiting industry, industry watchers have been keen to see the results of gov...
Europe's biggest non-food retailer PPR said 2005 profit jumped 11% from last year's, driven by increased Asian demand plus continued strength of the Gucci division....
French luxury retail group PPR is eyeing possible acquisitions in the United States to help shore up its international growth, according to media reports on Friday (3 February)....
Designer John Ray has stepped down from his post as creative director of Gucci Menswear....
Luxury and retail group PPR has reported increased full-year and fourth-quarter sales, boosted by demand for stalwart fashion Gucci and celebrity handbag favourite Balenciaga....
Luxury labels including Chanel and Prada have won a court victory against a vendor of counterfeit goods in China, Bloomberg reported....
Jean-François Palus has been named financial director of luxury goods group PPR, following the departure of chief financial officer Ross McInnes....
Upmarket goods group PPR has reported a 6.3 per cent rise in third-quarter sales, boosted by continued demand for the Gucci fashion label....
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar