C&A Foundation to fund sustainability innovations
The initiative will provide funding to sustainable apparel innovations
The C&A Foundation, the charitable arm of fashion retailer C&A, has partnered with Ashoka Changemakers to launch a new initiative that will help fund innovations that address social issues in the apparel supply chain.
The online challenge, 'Fabric of Change: Innovating for a Sustainable Apparel Industry,' will award prizes totalling EUR100,000 (US$112,972) to scale, refine or test solutions that contribute to building a fair and sustainable apparel industry.
While there is a growing concern within the garment sector around sustainability and working conditions, the groups argue large-scale change has been slow to take hold.
"We need to transform the way the apparel industry works," says Leslie Johnston, executive director of C&A Foundation. "Unsafe working conditions, gender discrimination, and exploitation of garment workers are among the many challenges facing apparel.
“Through innovation, collaboration, and a change in mindset we have the potential to transform fashion into a force for good, creating an industry in which every man and woman – from farmers to garment workers – can thrive."
"Fabric of Change will bring together social innovators and experts who have the ability to truly catalyse a transformation within the apparel industry," notes Diana Wells, president of Ashoka, adding: "Building a strong, collaborative network of problem-solvers will be a tremendous step forward toward empowering everyone in the fashion value chain to creative positive change."
Mitsui & Co., Ltd. (Mitsui) is a business conglomerate....
Global Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing industry guide provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value , and forecast to 2019)....
US-based cloud softwear provider Infor has partnered with US footwear retailer DSW Inc to deliver a back-office transformation for DSW and a new converged commerce application for modern retailing....
Levi Strauss & Co. (Levi Strauss) is one of the world's largest brand-name apparel companies. It designs, markets and sells jeans, casual wear and related accessories for men, women and children....
In 2015 menswear registered declines in volume and current value terms...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report