GERMANY: C&A to extend Dusseldorf Fashion Center HQ
European clothing retailer C&A is set to expand its Fashion Center headquarters in Dusseldorf to accommodate its "dynamic expansion".
The site, which houses the German headquarters of C&A Mode, European IT and logistics company RSC and C&A's Dusseldorf-based central buying organisation, has seen its employees grow from around 1,200 to approximately 1,500 over the past six years.
The company said that in the first phase, a 660 square metre conference area will be rebuilt, and t360 new parking spaces created.
In the second phase, the old conference area will be demolished and replaced with a five storey office building. The move will create 5,400 square metres of additional space, which will accommodate parts of C&A's design and buying department.
"With the expansion of the Fashion Center and the additional office space we react on the positive dynamic expansion of C&A Europe in recent years and set the course for a successful future," said C&A Europe chief marketing officer Bart Brenninkmejer.
Specialty apparel chain New York & Co has seen its second quarter losses narrow, after stronger comparable store sales and improved margins offset a decline in total sales....
US clothing retailer Abercrombie & Fitch saw second quarter net income slide on weaker traffic and continued softness in the women's business. ...
Austerity measures and an economic slowdown on the Chinese mainland sent first-half profits down 43% for high-end men's wear retailer Trinity, part of the Fung Group....
LF USA, a division of global sourcing giant Li & Fung, is partnering with high-end men's wear company Trinity International and British Heritage Brands (BHB) to launch the Kent & Curwen brand in the U...
UK occasion wear retailer Coast has named Kate Bostock, the former head of general merchandise at Marks & Spencer, as its new CEO, tasked with developing the business into an "international omni-chann...
As the latest round of Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade talks gets underway, US apparel and footwear retailers and importers have been talking up the pact's ability to boost exports, create jobs ...
The group of leading retailers and brands who make up the North American Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety has named Ellen O'Kane Tauscher as the independent chair of its board of directors....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015