GERMANY: C&A to extend Dusseldorf Fashion Center HQ
European clothing retailer C&A is set to expand its Fashion Center headquarters in Dusseldorf to accommodate its "dynamic expansion".
The site, which houses the German headquarters of C&A Mode, European IT and logistics company RSC and C&A's Dusseldorf-based central buying organisation, has seen its employees grow from around 1,200 to approximately 1,500 over the past six years.
The company said that in the first phase, a 660 square metre conference area will be rebuilt, and t360 new parking spaces created.
In the second phase, the old conference area will be demolished and replaced with a five storey office building. The move will create 5,400 square metres of additional space, which will accommodate parts of C&A's design and buying department.
"With the expansion of the Fashion Center and the additional office space we react on the positive dynamic expansion of C&A Europe in recent years and set the course for a successful future," said C&A Europe chief marketing officer Bart Brenninkmejer.
Specialty apparel chain New York & Co has seen its second quarter losses narrow, after stronger comparable store sales and improved margins offset a decline in total sales....
US clothing retailer Abercrombie & Fitch saw second quarter net income slide on weaker traffic and continued softness in the women's business. ...
Austerity measures and an economic slowdown on the Chinese mainland sent first-half profits down 43% for high-end men's wear retailer Trinity, part of the Fung Group....
LF USA, a division of global sourcing giant Li & Fung, is partnering with high-end men's wear company Trinity International and British Heritage Brands (BHB) to launch the Kent & Curwen brand in the U...
UK occasion wear retailer Coast has named Kate Bostock, the former head of general merchandise at Marks & Spencer, as its new CEO, tasked with developing the business into an "international omni-chann...
As the latest round of Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade talks gets underway, US apparel and footwear retailers and importers have been talking up the pact's ability to boost exports, create jobs ...
The group of leading retailers and brands who make up the North American Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety has named Ellen O'Kane Tauscher as the independent chair of its board of directors....
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- US Q2 in brief - Carter's, Wolverine Worldwide
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020