US: Cabela's implements PTC PLM system
Outdoor wear company Cabela's has implemented a product lifecycle management system (PLM) from PTC to eliminate redundant tasks and enable more time for creativity and innovation.
The PTC Windchill FlexPLM will help Cabela's focus on speed to innovation, enabling the company to introduce more products each season.
Cabela's is using the PTC PLM solutions to manage the entire lifecycle of its apparel products from conception through design, technical design, sourcing and manufacturing to commercialisation.
By integrating business processes, workflow and data, PTC solutions are enabling Cabela's to increase fill rates and improve margins.
"We take our brand very seriously at Cabela's and that is why we partnered with PTC," said Cabela's PLM manager Gabriel Garcia. "Being able to implement a best practices PLM solution out-of-the-box was crucial for us. By week three with PTC, we were already adding design content and adding much more to our apparel brand line."
What else is likely to be topping the apparel industry's software agenda this year? Using technology to help mitigate risk in the supply chain, automating data capture, and greater collaboration and i...
This report includes new information on the latest developments in: cosmetotextiles; e-commerce technology; environmentally friendly apparel, fibres, and finishing treatments; fabrics for performance ...
The latest release of the YuniquePLM product lifecycle management software features enhanced line planning functionality for designers and merchandisers and new costing capabilities for planning and f...
Turkish based fashion brand and retailer Colin's has implemented DeSL's PLM solution to help support its ambitious growth plans....
UK-based software provider DeSL has opened a New York City office, close to its growing customer base in the fashion, apparel, textile and footwear sectors....
Product lifecycle management (PLM) specialist Centric Software Inc has promoted Fabrice Canonge to vice president and general manager for its European operations....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies