US: Cabela's implements PTC PLM system
Outdoor wear company Cabela's has implemented a product lifecycle management system (PLM) from PTC to eliminate redundant tasks and enable more time for creativity and innovation.
The PTC Windchill FlexPLM will help Cabela's focus on speed to innovation, enabling the company to introduce more products each season.
Cabela's is using the PTC PLM solutions to manage the entire lifecycle of its apparel products from conception through design, technical design, sourcing and manufacturing to commercialisation.
By integrating business processes, workflow and data, PTC solutions are enabling Cabela's to increase fill rates and improve margins.
"We take our brand very seriously at Cabela's and that is why we partnered with PTC," said Cabela's PLM manager Gabriel Garcia. "Being able to implement a best practices PLM solution out-of-the-box was crucial for us. By week three with PTC, we were already adding design content and adding much more to our apparel brand line."
What else is likely to be topping the apparel industry's software agenda this year? Using technology to help mitigate risk in the supply chain, automating data capture, and greater collaboration and i...
The latest release of the YuniquePLM product lifecycle management software features enhanced line planning functionality for designers and merchandisers and new costing capabilities for planning and f...
Turkish based fashion brand and retailer Colin's has implemented DeSL's PLM solution to help support its ambitious growth plans....
UK-based software provider DeSL has opened a New York City office, close to its growing customer base in the fashion, apparel, textile and footwear sectors....
Product lifecycle management (PLM) specialist Centric Software Inc has promoted Fabrice Canonge to vice president and general manager for its European operations....
The Visual PLM.net product lifecycle management software will be available to fashion and softgoods retailers and manufacturers in Europe through a distribution deal agreed with K3 Business Technology...
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Nicaragua apparel and shoe firms to double in size
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Stock-out paradox persists despite data overload
- New fabric protection with battlefield beginnings
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019