US: Cabela's implements PTC PLM system
Outdoor wear company Cabela's has implemented a product lifecycle management system (PLM) from PTC to eliminate redundant tasks and enable more time for creativity and innovation.
The PTC Windchill FlexPLM will help Cabela's focus on speed to innovation, enabling the company to introduce more products each season.
Cabela's is using the PTC PLM solutions to manage the entire lifecycle of its apparel products from conception through design, technical design, sourcing and manufacturing to commercialisation.
By integrating business processes, workflow and data, PTC solutions are enabling Cabela's to increase fill rates and improve margins.
"We take our brand very seriously at Cabela's and that is why we partnered with PTC," said Cabela's PLM manager Gabriel Garcia. "Being able to implement a best practices PLM solution out-of-the-box was crucial for us. By week three with PTC, we were already adding design content and adding much more to our apparel brand line."
What else is likely to be topping the apparel industry's software agenda this year? Using technology to help mitigate risk in the supply chain, automating data capture, and greater collaboration and i...
The latest release of the YuniquePLM product lifecycle management software features enhanced line planning functionality for designers and merchandisers and new costing capabilities for planning and f...
Turkish based fashion brand and retailer Colin's has implemented DeSL's PLM solution to help support its ambitious growth plans....
UK-based software provider DeSL has opened a New York City office, close to its growing customer base in the fashion, apparel, textile and footwear sectors....
Product lifecycle management (PLM) specialist Centric Software Inc has promoted Fabrice Canonge to vice president and general manager for its European operations....
The Visual PLM.net product lifecycle management software will be available to fashion and softgoods retailers and manufacturers in Europe through a distribution deal agreed with K3 Business Technology...
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead