CANADA: Cabela's plans Montreal store
Outdoor goods supplier Cabela's is to launch onto the Canadian market with a store in Montreal, Quebec.
Cabela's said that planning and discussions were at an early stage, but that it expects to open the showroom as early as autumn 2007 or spring 2008.
The large-format retail store, which will be located in the in the Lac Mirabel mixed-use project, would be Cabela's first store built outside the US.
President and chief executive Dennis Highby commented: "Our customers in Canada have been asking for a store of their own for many years, and we're very excited to announce this new Cabela's location, which will be built and stocked with merchandise specifically for our Montreal and Canadian customers".
The planned store would open up several hundred jobs for citizens of the surrounding area.
Cabela's currently has 14 retail locations in the US.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022