US: Cabela's records mixed Q2 results
- Q2 earnings drop to $43.5m
- Sales edge up 0.6%
- Comparable sales down 14.2%
Outdoor and camping retailer Cabela's has booked a mixed set of results in its second-quarter, with earnings down and sales having edged up.
Net income in the three months ended 28 June dropped to US$43.5m from $44.5m a year earlier.
Sales, however, were up 0.6% to $761.2m, while retail store revenue increased 3.4% to $500.4m, Direct revenue dropped 18.3% to $147.1m. Comparable store sales decreased 14.2%.
Despite the declines, the company said it was pleased with its performance in the quarter; but added that, due to the unsettled retail environment, it was not raising its full-year guidance.
Accordingly, it reaffirmed its previous full-year guidance and continues to expect 2014 EPS to increase at a high single-digit to low double-digit rate versus 2013 adjusted earnings per share of $3.32.
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- US Q2 in brief - The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Li & Fung joins FTA in sustainable sourcing pledge
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis