US: Cabela's records mixed Q2 results
- Q2 earnings drop to $43.5m
- Sales edge up 0.6%
- Comparable sales down 14.2%
Outdoor and camping retailer Cabela's has booked a mixed set of results in its second-quarter, with earnings down and sales having edged up.
Net income in the three months ended 28 June dropped to US$43.5m from $44.5m a year earlier.
Sales, however, were up 0.6% to $761.2m, while retail store revenue increased 3.4% to $500.4m, Direct revenue dropped 18.3% to $147.1m. Comparable store sales decreased 14.2%.
Despite the declines, the company said it was pleased with its performance in the quarter; but added that, due to the unsettled retail environment, it was not raising its full-year guidance.
Accordingly, it reaffirmed its previous full-year guidance and continues to expect 2014 EPS to increase at a high single-digit to low double-digit rate versus 2013 adjusted earnings per share of $3.32.
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020