US: Cabela's records mixed Q2 results
- Q2 earnings drop to $43.5m
- Sales edge up 0.6%
- Comparable sales down 14.2%
Outdoor and camping retailer Cabela's has booked a mixed set of results in its second-quarter, with earnings down and sales having edged up.
Net income in the three months ended 28 June dropped to US$43.5m from $44.5m a year earlier.
Sales, however, were up 0.6% to $761.2m, while retail store revenue increased 3.4% to $500.4m, Direct revenue dropped 18.3% to $147.1m. Comparable store sales decreased 14.2%.
Despite the declines, the company said it was pleased with its performance in the quarter; but added that, due to the unsettled retail environment, it was not raising its full-year guidance.
Accordingly, it reaffirmed its previous full-year guidance and continues to expect 2014 EPS to increase at a high single-digit to low double-digit rate versus 2013 adjusted earnings per share of $3.32.
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Under Armour makes lifestyle push with new brand
- North Face has holistic view on harmful chemicals
- China remains powerhouse for footwear sourcing
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- US Q2 in brief - Columbia Sportswear, Rocky Brands
- Ananta Group hits back at Bangladesh union claims
- Transparency index to expand to 100 brands
- Gap joins Better Cotton Initiative
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020