US: Cabela's records mixed Q2 results
- Q2 earnings drop to $43.5m
- Sales edge up 0.6%
- Comparable sales down 14.2%
Outdoor and camping retailer Cabela's has booked a mixed set of results in its second-quarter, with earnings down and sales having edged up.
Net income in the three months ended 28 June dropped to US$43.5m from $44.5m a year earlier.
Sales, however, were up 0.6% to $761.2m, while retail store revenue increased 3.4% to $500.4m, Direct revenue dropped 18.3% to $147.1m. Comparable store sales decreased 14.2%.
Despite the declines, the company said it was pleased with its performance in the quarter; but added that, due to the unsettled retail environment, it was not raising its full-year guidance.
Accordingly, it reaffirmed its previous full-year guidance and continues to expect 2014 EPS to increase at a high single-digit to low double-digit rate versus 2013 adjusted earnings per share of $3.32.
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Stock-out paradox persists despite data overload
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- H&M offers $1m grant for sustainable innovations
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019