UK: Cable & Wireless wins Next telecoms contract
Telecoms provider Cable & Wireless Worldwide has won a multi-million pound, five-year contract to connect 32 distribution sites and offices in the UK and Hong Kong for fashion retailer Next.
The new network will handle the company’s vital communications, including order taking and dispatching and receiving goods into warehouses.
C&W Worldwide claimed the more advanced network would provide Next with “significantly more capacity” to work with higher volumes of goods.
It should also allow more customers to place orders on the company’s website, particularly at peak trading periods, C&W said.
The deal also includes C&W’s Application Performance Management, which the company said offers real-time visibility and control of the network.
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020