USA: Cache, Inc. NASDAQ Common Stock Symbol CACH
Cache Inc., (NASDAQ:CACH), a specialty chain of exclusive women's apparel stores with 209 stores open (185 Cache stores and 24 Lillie Rubin stores) and on line at the Company's web site at www.cache.com , reported results for the thirteen week period ended April 1, 2000. Net sales increased $4,428,000 or 12% to $40,914,000 during the thirteen week period ended April 1, 2000, as compared to the thirteen week period in fiscal 1999. Same store sales increased approximately 3% for the thirteen week period. Net income decreased to $327,000 or $.04 per share for the 13 week period in Fiscal 2000, from $752,000 or $.08 per share for the Fiscal 1999 period. Mr. Andrew Saul, Cache's Chairman, commented, "We believe the reduction in net income for the first quarter was due in part to the shift of the Easter Holiday into the April 2000 period, as compared to March 1999. We have been encouraged by the favorable reaction of our customer base to our Spring merchandise offerings. We have seen higher comparable store sales increases in our sportswear separates and accessory areas over the past several weeks." Separately, the Company also announced it opened seven new Lillie Rubin stores and closed one Lillie Rubin store during the Fiscal 2000 first quarter. The Company also recently opened two new Cache stores.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts