US: Cache narrows Q4 net loss
- Q4 net loss narrows to US$4.8m
- Sales fall 5.9%
Women's wear retailer Cache managed to narrow its net losses in the fourth quarter, despite booking a drop in revenues.
The company's net loss for the quarter ended 28 December narrowed to US$4.8m from $5.5m a year earlier.
Net sales, however, dropped 5.9% to $55.8m, compared to $60.8m in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012. Comparable store sales were down 5.9%.
CEO Jay Margolis said the company's priorities for 2014 are focused on "delivering powerful assortments; continuing to refresh our stores; building brand awareness by showcasing our improved fashion in our stores; as well as through high impact marketing and online activities".
He added: "I believe we are well positioned to capitalize on the opportunities that lie ahead for the brand and I am confident in our ability to return the Company to profitability and sustained long-term growth."
Women's wear retailer Cache has won court approval to run a going-out-of-business sales at its 153 retail stores after seeking bankruptcy protection last month....
Women's wear retailer Cache has filed for bankruptcy protection, a month after it revealed it was considering an offer from a third party regarding a potential sale of the business....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015