US: Cache narrows Q4 net loss
- Q4 net loss narrows to US$4.8m
- Sales fall 5.9%
Women's wear retailer Cache managed to narrow its net losses in the fourth quarter, despite booking a drop in revenues.
The company's net loss for the quarter ended 28 December narrowed to US$4.8m from $5.5m a year earlier.
Net sales, however, dropped 5.9% to $55.8m, compared to $60.8m in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012. Comparable store sales were down 5.9%.
CEO Jay Margolis said the company's priorities for 2014 are focused on "delivering powerful assortments; continuing to refresh our stores; building brand awareness by showcasing our improved fashion in our stores; as well as through high impact marketing and online activities".
He added: "I believe we are well positioned to capitalize on the opportunities that lie ahead for the brand and I am confident in our ability to return the Company to profitability and sustained long-term growth."
Product lifecycle management (PLM) systems help apparel companies share information more efficiently and plan for future lines more accurately as time-to-market shrinks....
The most-read stories on just-style this week include M&S increasing the amount of Better Cotton it sources, Cache considering a third-party acquisition offer, and Tesco's management changes could hel...
US women's wear retailer Caché has said it is considering an offer from a third party regarding a potential sale of the company....
US women's wear retailer Caché has seen its third-quarter loss widen as net sales continued to fall....
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Tommy Hilfiger launches solar-powered jacket