US: Cache narrows Q4 net loss
- Q4 net loss narrows to US$4.8m
- Sales fall 5.9%
Women's wear retailer Cache managed to narrow its net losses in the fourth quarter, despite booking a drop in revenues.
The company's net loss for the quarter ended 28 December narrowed to US$4.8m from $5.5m a year earlier.
Net sales, however, dropped 5.9% to $55.8m, compared to $60.8m in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012. Comparable store sales were down 5.9%.
CEO Jay Margolis said the company's priorities for 2014 are focused on "delivering powerful assortments; continuing to refresh our stores; building brand awareness by showcasing our improved fashion in our stores; as well as through high impact marketing and online activities".
He added: "I believe we are well positioned to capitalize on the opportunities that lie ahead for the brand and I am confident in our ability to return the Company to profitability and sustained long-term growth."
Women's wear retailer Cache has won court approval to run a going-out-of-business sales at its 153 retail stores after seeking bankruptcy protection last month....
Women's wear retailer Cache has filed for bankruptcy protection, a month after it revealed it was considering an offer from a third party regarding a potential sale of the business....
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Stock-out paradox persists despite data overload
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- H&M offers $1m grant for sustainable innovations
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019