US: Cache narrows Q4 net loss
- Q4 net loss narrows to US$4.8m
- Sales fall 5.9%
Women's wear retailer Cache managed to narrow its net losses in the fourth quarter, despite booking a drop in revenues.
The company's net loss for the quarter ended 28 December narrowed to US$4.8m from $5.5m a year earlier.
Net sales, however, dropped 5.9% to $55.8m, compared to $60.8m in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012. Comparable store sales were down 5.9%.
CEO Jay Margolis said the company's priorities for 2014 are focused on "delivering powerful assortments; continuing to refresh our stores; building brand awareness by showcasing our improved fashion in our stores; as well as through high impact marketing and online activities".
He added: "I believe we are well positioned to capitalize on the opportunities that lie ahead for the brand and I am confident in our ability to return the Company to profitability and sustained long-term growth."
US women's wear retailer Cache had a "disappointing start to the year", despite seeing its first-quarter loss narrow on the back of lower charges....
- Fung capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- The current state of play in world garment exports
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report