US: Cache narrows Q4 net loss
- Q4 net loss narrows to US$4.8m
- Sales fall 5.9%
Women's wear retailer Cache managed to narrow its net losses in the fourth quarter, despite booking a drop in revenues.
The company's net loss for the quarter ended 28 December narrowed to US$4.8m from $5.5m a year earlier.
Net sales, however, dropped 5.9% to $55.8m, compared to $60.8m in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012. Comparable store sales were down 5.9%.
CEO Jay Margolis said the company's priorities for 2014 are focused on "delivering powerful assortments; continuing to refresh our stores; building brand awareness by showcasing our improved fashion in our stores; as well as through high impact marketing and online activities".
He added: "I believe we are well positioned to capitalize on the opportunities that lie ahead for the brand and I am confident in our ability to return the Company to profitability and sustained long-term growth."
The most-read stories on just-style this week include M&S increasing the amount of Better Cotton it sources, Cache considering a third-party acquisition offer, and Tesco's management changes could hel...
US women's wear retailer Caché has said it is considering an offer from a third party regarding a potential sale of the company....
US women's wear retailer Caché has seen its third-quarter loss widen as net sales continued to fall....
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead