USA: Cache Reports Comparable Store Sales Down 1 Per Cent
Cache, Inc, (NASDAQ: CACH), a specialty chain of exclusive women's apparel stores with 208 stores open (184 Cache stores and 24 Lillie Rubin stores) and on line at its website at www.cache.com , reported June 2000 sales figures. Comparable store sales (sales for stores open at least one year or more) decreased 1% during the five week June 2000 period, as compared to the same period in 1999. Total sales for the five week period ended July 1, 2000 increased $ .7 million or 6% to $13.0 million, for the five week period. Total sales for the twenty-six week period ended July 1, 2000 were $84.7 million, as compared to $76.5 for the comparable period ended July 3, 1999, which represents an increase of $8.2 million or 11%.Comparable store sales increased 2% during the twenty-six week period, as compared to the same period in fiscal 1999. The company also announced that it had opened seven new Lillie Rubin stores and two new Cache stores in the first half of the year, and plans to open at least seven additional stores during the second half of Fiscal 2000. The company closed two stores during the first half of the year, the closings had no material impact on earnings.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth