USA: Cache Reports Comparable Store Sales Down 1 Per Cent
Cache, Inc, (NASDAQ: CACH), a specialty chain of exclusive women's apparel stores with 208 stores open (184 Cache stores and 24 Lillie Rubin stores) and on line at its website at www.cache.com , reported June 2000 sales figures. Comparable store sales (sales for stores open at least one year or more) decreased 1% during the five week June 2000 period, as compared to the same period in 1999. Total sales for the five week period ended July 1, 2000 increased $ .7 million or 6% to $13.0 million, for the five week period. Total sales for the twenty-six week period ended July 1, 2000 were $84.7 million, as compared to $76.5 for the comparable period ended July 3, 1999, which represents an increase of $8.2 million or 11%.Comparable store sales increased 2% during the twenty-six week period, as compared to the same period in fiscal 1999. The company also announced that it had opened seven new Lillie Rubin stores and two new Cache stores in the first half of the year, and plans to open at least seven additional stores during the second half of Fiscal 2000. The company closed two stores during the first half of the year, the closings had no material impact on earnings.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts