USA: Cache Reports Second Quarter 2000 Operating Results
Cache Inc, (NASDAQ:CACH), a specialty chain of women's apparel stores with 208 stores (184 Cache stores and 24 Lillie Rubin stores and online at the company's www.cache.com website), reported results for the twenty-six and thirteen week periods ended July 1, 2000. Net income for the twenty-six week period, decreased from $2,211,000, or $.24 per share in Fiscal 1999 to $1,301,000, or $.14 per share in fiscal 2000. Net income for the quarter decreased from $1,459,000, or $.16 per share in fiscal 1999, to $974,000, or $.11 per share in fiscal 2000. Net sales increased $8,224,000 or 10.7 per cent, and $3,796,000 or 9.5 per cent, respectively, during the twenty-six and thirteen week periods ended July 1, 2000, versus the comparable periods in fiscal 1999. Same store sales increased 2.1 per cent, as compared to the comparable twenty-six week period in 1999 and increased 1.4 per cent over the thirteen week period in Fiscal 1999. The company also announced that it had opened seven new Lillie Rubin stores and two new Cache stores in the first half of fiscal 2000. The company expects to open at least one new Lillie Rubin and 6 to 7 new Cache stores in the second half of Fiscal 2000. This would increase the company's total store count to approximately 215 stores by year end.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack