SWITZERLAND: Calida Group forecasts "challenging" year ahead
- FY profit of CHF23.4m
- Sales up 3.9% to CHF211m
- Forecasts "challenging" year ahead
Swiss lingerie manufacturer Calida Group said 2014 will be a "challenging" year for its namesake and Aubade brands, but still expects to achieve a solid group result.
The company today (3 April) said operating profit before one-time costs reached CHF23.4m (US$26.4m) or 11.3% of net sales during the year. After these costs, operating profit amounted to 10.2% of net sales.
Sales rose 3.9% to CHF211m from CHF203.1m last year. Calida's sales were up 2.5% to CHF142.1m, while Aubade saw growth of 6.7% to CHF68.9m.
CEO Felix Sulzberger said: "We reinforced the market position of our two brands Calida and Aubade during fiscal 2013. By acquiring a majority stake in leading French sports clothing group Lafuma, the group also became much bigger. Full consolidation from 2014 onwards will more than double Calida Group's sales."
The deal however, will also result in the loss of 150 jobs this year. The company added that the goal for Lafuma is to breakeven in 2014, when its figures will be fully consolidated into the Calida accounts.
- The difference between compliance and safety?
- Central America must make better use of DR-CAFTA
- Vietnam – Are we too late to the party?
- How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- US Q1 in brief – Guess, Burlington Stores, Sears
- Nike management changes to drive innovation
- Social responsibility key to winning millennials
- Gap accused of rights violations in supply chain
- H&M commits to DBL Group's new Ethiopia factory
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Victoria's Secret Stores, Inc.: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)
- Apparel Accessories in Hong Kong, China
- Practical Price Negotiation for Apparel Sourcing Professionals