SWITZERLAND: Calida Group forecasts "challenging" year ahead
- FY profit of CHF23.4m
- Sales up 3.9% to CHF211m
- Forecasts "challenging" year ahead
Swiss lingerie manufacturer Calida Group said 2014 will be a "challenging" year for its namesake and Aubade brands, but still expects to achieve a solid group result.
The company today (3 April) said operating profit before one-time costs reached CHF23.4m (US$26.4m) or 11.3% of net sales during the year. After these costs, operating profit amounted to 10.2% of net sales.
Sales rose 3.9% to CHF211m from CHF203.1m last year. Calida's sales were up 2.5% to CHF142.1m, while Aubade saw growth of 6.7% to CHF68.9m.
CEO Felix Sulzberger said: "We reinforced the market position of our two brands Calida and Aubade during fiscal 2013. By acquiring a majority stake in leading French sports clothing group Lafuma, the group also became much bigger. Full consolidation from 2014 onwards will more than double Calida Group's sales."
The deal however, will also result in the loss of 150 jobs this year. The company added that the goal for Lafuma is to breakeven in 2014, when its figures will be fully consolidated into the Calida accounts.
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details