SWITZERLAND: Calida Group forecasts "challenging" year ahead
- FY profit of CHF23.4m
- Sales up 3.9% to CHF211m
- Forecasts "challenging" year ahead
Swiss lingerie manufacturer Calida Group said 2014 will be a "challenging" year for its namesake and Aubade brands, but still expects to achieve a solid group result.
The company today (3 April) said operating profit before one-time costs reached CHF23.4m (US$26.4m) or 11.3% of net sales during the year. After these costs, operating profit amounted to 10.2% of net sales.
Sales rose 3.9% to CHF211m from CHF203.1m last year. Calida's sales were up 2.5% to CHF142.1m, while Aubade saw growth of 6.7% to CHF68.9m.
CEO Felix Sulzberger said: "We reinforced the market position of our two brands Calida and Aubade during fiscal 2013. By acquiring a majority stake in leading French sports clothing group Lafuma, the group also became much bigger. Full consolidation from 2014 onwards will more than double Calida Group's sales."
The deal however, will also result in the loss of 150 jobs this year. The company added that the goal for Lafuma is to breakeven in 2014, when its figures will be fully consolidated into the Calida accounts.
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)