SWITZERLAND: Calida Group forecasts "challenging" year ahead
- FY profit of CHF23.4m
- Sales up 3.9% to CHF211m
- Forecasts "challenging" year ahead
Swiss lingerie manufacturer Calida Group said 2014 will be a "challenging" year for its namesake and Aubade brands, but still expects to achieve a solid group result.
The company today (3 April) said operating profit before one-time costs reached CHF23.4m (US$26.4m) or 11.3% of net sales during the year. After these costs, operating profit amounted to 10.2% of net sales.
Sales rose 3.9% to CHF211m from CHF203.1m last year. Calida's sales were up 2.5% to CHF142.1m, while Aubade saw growth of 6.7% to CHF68.9m.
CEO Felix Sulzberger said: "We reinforced the market position of our two brands Calida and Aubade during fiscal 2013. By acquiring a majority stake in leading French sports clothing group Lafuma, the group also became much bigger. Full consolidation from 2014 onwards will more than double Calida Group's sales."
The deal however, will also result in the loss of 150 jobs this year. The company added that the goal for Lafuma is to breakeven in 2014, when its figures will be fully consolidated into the Calida accounts.
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015