SWITZERLAND: Calida Group forecasts "challenging" year ahead
- FY profit of CHF23.4m
- Sales up 3.9% to CHF211m
- Forecasts "challenging" year ahead
Swiss lingerie manufacturer Calida Group said 2014 will be a "challenging" year for its namesake and Aubade brands, but still expects to achieve a solid group result.
The company today (3 April) said operating profit before one-time costs reached CHF23.4m (US$26.4m) or 11.3% of net sales during the year. After these costs, operating profit amounted to 10.2% of net sales.
Sales rose 3.9% to CHF211m from CHF203.1m last year. Calida's sales were up 2.5% to CHF142.1m, while Aubade saw growth of 6.7% to CHF68.9m.
CEO Felix Sulzberger said: "We reinforced the market position of our two brands Calida and Aubade during fiscal 2013. By acquiring a majority stake in leading French sports clothing group Lafuma, the group also became much bigger. Full consolidation from 2014 onwards will more than double Calida Group's sales."
The deal however, will also result in the loss of 150 jobs this year. The company added that the goal for Lafuma is to breakeven in 2014, when its figures will be fully consolidated into the Calida accounts.
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead