SWITZERLAND: CALIDA Launches E-Tailing Service
CALIDA, the bodywear specialist, is to launch a new e-commerce service this month. CALIDA's first electronic shop is due to open in the UK in the next few days. The UK market has been selected as the testing ground for this new project. Electronic CALIDA shops are scheduled to open next spring in Switzerland and Germany, and they will be operated in close cooperation with existing retailers. The UK has been chosen as the company's trial e-tail market. The new website will allow UK shoppers to select items from the Calida basic daywear and nightwear collections for women and men, order goods online and have them delivered to their home. The UK is an ideal test market, the company said, because the Calida brand is not represented by dedicated retail outlets there. The experience gained by operating the UK site will be evaluated by CALIDA and will form the basis for services in other markets. The site at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Kohl's, L Brands
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022