SWITZERLAND: CALIDA Launches E-Tailing Service
CALIDA, the bodywear specialist, is to launch a new e-commerce service this month. CALIDA's first electronic shop is due to open in the UK in the next few days. The UK market has been selected as the testing ground for this new project. Electronic CALIDA shops are scheduled to open next spring in Switzerland and Germany, and they will be operated in close cooperation with existing retailers. The UK has been chosen as the company's trial e-tail market. The new website will allow UK shoppers to select items from the Calida basic daywear and nightwear collections for women and men, order goods online and have them delivered to their home. The UK is an ideal test market, the company said, because the Calida brand is not represented by dedicated retail outlets there. The experience gained by operating the UK site will be evaluated by CALIDA and will form the basis for services in other markets. The site at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs