SWITZERLAND: CALIDA Launches E-Tailing Service
CALIDA, the bodywear specialist, is to launch a new e-commerce service this month. CALIDA's first electronic shop is due to open in the UK in the next few days. The UK market has been selected as the testing ground for this new project. Electronic CALIDA shops are scheduled to open next spring in Switzerland and Germany, and they will be operated in close cooperation with existing retailers. The UK has been chosen as the company's trial e-tail market. The new website will allow UK shoppers to select items from the Calida basic daywear and nightwear collections for women and men, order goods online and have them delivered to their home. The UK is an ideal test market, the company said, because the Calida brand is not represented by dedicated retail outlets there. The experience gained by operating the UK site will be evaluated by CALIDA and will form the basis for services in other markets. The site at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective