USA: Callaway And Ashworth Announce Strategic Alliance
The companies believe that this strategic alliance represents one of the largest and most significant partnerships in the golf industry.
The new Fall 2002 Men's Callaway Golf Apparel line will debut in selected golf retail pro shops and department stores in the US, Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa beginning in early autumn 2002.
Ashworth Inc president and CEO Randy Herrel said: "Ashworth will build a design, development and sales organisation dedicated to the Callaway Golf Apparel brand that is separate from the Ashworth brand."
Callaway Golf and Ashworth Inc. both showed solid revenue growth in the first quarter of 2001. Callaway Golf reported sales of $261m for the quarter, an increase of 32 per cent over the same period in 2000, while Ashworth reported sales of $27.7m, an increase of 23.1 per cent over the first quarter of 2000.
Companies: Callaway Golf Company
Golf wear company Ashworth has signed a deal to become lead vendor and official licensee of the September 2006 Ryder Cup golf event in Ireland....
Upscale sportswear company Cutter & Buck has appointed a new chief executive and a new president....
Golf lifestyle company Ashworth has suffered a fourth-quarter loss caused by increased selling and administrative expenses....
Golf apparel and outerwear company Sport-Haley has signed a joint venture deal with apparel manufacturer and marketer Explorer Gear USA to make and market Top-Flite branded apparel to Wal-Mart Stores ...
Callaway Golf Company has formed a strategic alliance with Tour Golf Group, the company's exclusive licensee for Callaway Golf footwear....
Golfing goods group Callaway Golf Company has named George Fellows as president and chief executive officer of the company....
Gear for Sports has expanded its sales team through the additions of John Polkis as senior vice president of sales, and Dan Langner as vice president golf sales and marketing....
Golf-inspired sportswear company Ashworth Inc says its second-quarter income took a plummet, affected by bad weather hampering golf apparel sales and expenses connected to a new distribution centre....
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack