SPAIN: Calvin Klein Closes Shops In Spain
Calvin Klein is set to close its Barcelona, Spain, shop next month as the US fashion brand continues to perform unsatisfactorily in Spain, just-style has learned.
An official with the Gonzalo Comella franchiser, which owns the shop in Barcelona's Diagonal high street, confirmed the closing plans.
She would not confirm Spanish media reports that said Conzao Comella, which also owns other retail interests, has teamed with a local peer to open a Dolce & Gabbana shop in the location.
CK also recently shuttered its Bilbao store in the Basque Country, Spanish newspaper Cinco Dias reported.
Despite the closings, CK will continue to sell its branded clothes, underwear and cosmetics in department stores and retailers throughout the country, the paper said.
The brand operates corners in the store network of El Corte Inglés, Spain's biggest department-store chain. Its men's underwear lines are star sellers in the market, selling at premium prices.
CK's first Spanish boutique in Madrid remains open.
Franchiser Llorca Corp Fashion did not return phone calls seeking comment.
By Ivan Castano.
Each year the Goldmine Garment Company Ltd produces seven million formal and casual shirts and blouses, 12,000 samples, and turns over US$36 million per year (FOB). Employing around 2,300 people it is...
Cash and carry chain Makro has been prosecuted for selling counterfeit Calvin Klein-branded jeans, despite an earlier out-of-court settlement with the Calvin Klein company....
Luxury label Calvin Klein is set to sign English football star David Beckham as an underwear model in a deal worth £1m, according to industry sources....
New York-based apparel company Warnaco Group has completed the acquisition of Phillips-Van Heusen's Calvin Klein subsidiary businesses in Europe and Asia....
El Corte Inglés, Spain's biggest department-store chain, will open its second Portuguese store in Oporto, northern Portugal, in May 2006, a company spokeswoman confirmed....
Leading apparel maker Warnaco is to buy the companies that operate the licenses and related wholesale and retail businesses of Calvin Klein jeans and accessories in Europe and Asia for EUR240m (US$286...
Calvin Klein women's better sportswear, a division of the Kellwood Company, has named Chris Jackson vice president of design....
Fashion brand Calvin Klein Inc, a wholly owned subsidiary of apparel group Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation, has signed a deal with Fingen SpA to make and distribute the Calvin Klein Collection brand w...
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020