US: Calvin Klein names Shiffman CEO as Murry retires
Calvin Klein's chief commercial officer, Steve Shiffman, is to take on the role of chief executive after Tom Murry announced his decision to retire.
Murry, will transition to the position of executive chairman of PVH's Calvin Klein business from 1 July, the company said today (25 March), serving in an advisory role to Shiffman. He will retire at the end of the fiscal year.
Having first joined PVH in 1992, Shiffman has over three decades of retail experience. He has overseen the global commercial operations of the CKI business, working closely with Murry, with direct oversight of North America retail and e-commerce businesses, Asia-Pacific and Latin American operations, as well as global licensing and creative services.
"It is an honor to be given the opportunity to oversee one of the world's most iconic designer brands," said Shiffman. "This is an exciting time for Calvin Klein, as the Calvin Klein Jeans and Underwear businesses are now under one roof and the integration has progressed well.
"With the continued help and support of the enormously talented and passionate group of executives at the company, I intend to do everything possible to strengthen the Calvin Klein brand's global presence and continued growth, as we move into the future."
PVH Corp is in prime position to capitalise on a number of macro trends in the apparel and footwear market, such as the menswear renaissance and the growth of affordable luxury. The strong brand equit...
Lingerie is a term used for women's innerwear. It originated from the French word 'linge' for linen. Though in French the term is used for both male and female undergarments, in English it is solely u...
Lingerie is a term used for women's innerwear. It originated from the French word “linge” for linen. Though in French the term is used for both male and female undergarments, in English it is solely u...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at the line-up for this year's Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong, sandblasting claims in Chinese jeans factories, and a roundup of wearable t...
Plimsoll Publishing’s UNDERWEAR MANUFACTURERS (Global) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the UNDERWEAR MANUFACTURERS (Global) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the top ...
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Gap deepens social and environmental efforts
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Syrian refugee children found in Turkish factories
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Key Bangladesh safety issues still not fixed
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024