US: Calvin Klein names Shiffman CEO as Murry retires
Calvin Klein's chief commercial officer, Steve Shiffman, is to take on the role of chief executive after Tom Murry announced his decision to retire.
Murry, will transition to the position of executive chairman of PVH's Calvin Klein business from 1 July, the company said today (25 March), serving in an advisory role to Shiffman. He will retire at the end of the fiscal year.
Having first joined PVH in 1992, Shiffman has over three decades of retail experience. He has overseen the global commercial operations of the CKI business, working closely with Murry, with direct oversight of North America retail and e-commerce businesses, Asia-Pacific and Latin American operations, as well as global licensing and creative services.
"It is an honor to be given the opportunity to oversee one of the world's most iconic designer brands," said Shiffman. "This is an exciting time for Calvin Klein, as the Calvin Klein Jeans and Underwear businesses are now under one roof and the integration has progressed well.
"With the continued help and support of the enormously talented and passionate group of executives at the company, I intend to do everything possible to strengthen the Calvin Klein brand's global presence and continued growth, as we move into the future."
PVH Corp is in prime position to capitalise on a number of macro trends in the apparel and footwear market, such as the menswear renaissance and the growth of affordable luxury. The strong brand equit...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
Lingerie is a term used for women's innerwear. It originated from the French word 'linge' for linen. Though in French the term is used for both male and female undergarments, in English it is solely u...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at the line-up for this year's Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong, sandblasting claims in Chinese jeans factories, and a roundup of wearable t...
Lingerie is a term used for women's innerwear. It originated from the French word “linge” for linen. Though in French the term is used for both male and female undergarments, in English it is solely u...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Hungary offers a mix of strengths and weaknesses
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Golden Lady creates a new man-made fibre
- China and ASEAN upgrade FTA
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015