INDIA: Calvin Klein signs distribution, retail deals
The US-based business has signed a deal with Murjani India that includes both the ck Calvin Klein bridge line of women's and men's apparel and accessories and the Calvin Klein Jeans and jeans accessories line.
Murjani will sell the products through free-standing retail stores and select department stores.
Separately, The Warnaco Group has entered into an exclusive distribution and retail agreement with Murjani for Calvin Klein Underwear and, pursuant to its global licenses, will be the exclusive supplier of Calvin Klein Jeans and jeans accessories.
These new arrangements include the planned opening of a total of at least 40 free-standing ck Calvin Klein, Calvin Klein Jeans, and Calvin Klein Underwear stores over the first five years of operation, with development beginning as early as spring 2007.
Murjani has an established retail distribution platform for luxury brands and currently has relationships with Gucci, Jimmy Choo, and French Connection, among others.
"We have been evaluating the potential of the Indian market for an extended period of time. We feel strongly that over the next decade this region will become a very important part of our global business," said Tom Murry, president and COO, Calvin Klein.
"Throughout our review of the region and potential partners, we have been very impressed with Murjani's past experiences and future plans, and feel that they will do a great job managing the strategic distribution of Calvin Klein in India."
Murjani Group managing director Vijay Murjani added: "This is yet another big step towards our objective of providing a world-class brand experience to the Indian consumer."
Claire's Stores said Tuesday (20 March) that it had agreed to be acquired and taken private for US$3.1bn by private-equity firm Apollo Management following a three-month plus search for "strategic alt...
Phillips-Van Heusen Corp has licensed Gemini Cosmetics to market Izod brand fragrances for men and women in the US....
Kellwood Company's fourth-quarter profits fell on a series of charges but rose when discontinued operations and special items were excluded....
Intimate apparel maker Delta Galil Industries Ltd on Wednesday (14 March) said it swung to a profit in the fourth quarter and full year, but warned that price erosion and increased competition are lik...
Powered by its acquisition of the Calvin Klein Jeans business in Europe and Asia, The Warnaco Group saw its fourth-quarter profits nearly triple....
Calvin Klein has announced that Academy Award-nominated actor Djimon Hounsou will feature in its upcoming underwear advertising campaign....
In a preliminary, unaudited report on the fiscal year ended 31 January, outerwear and sportswear marketer G-III Apparel Group reported substantial increases in earnings and sales....
The Warnaco Group is set to release its fourth quarter and fiscal 2006 results after the market closes this Monday (26 February)....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack