US: Calvin Klein signs up Kate Moss for GBP500,000
Supermodel Kate Moss has signed a GBP500,000 (US$875,000) deal to model for designer label Calvin Klein just months after her career hung in the balance because of drug abuse allegations.
The deal signals Moss's return to the label that helped her rise to the top of the modelling league in the 1990s.
Leading fashion companies including Chanel, H&M and Burberry axed deals with the model after a UK newspaper printed pictures apparently showing her snorting cocaine.
The latest word on the ensuing legal probe is that there is insufficient evidence to enable police to make a charge.
For the past 20 years Wal-Mart has redefined the way most retailers and manufacturers across channels and categories have done business. Every apparel company has been affected thanks to the retail gi...
Each year the Goldmine Garment Company Ltd produces seven million formal and casual shirts and blouses, 12,000 samples, and turns over US$36 million per year (FOB). Employing around 2,300 people it is...
Luxury goods company Burberry's chief executive, Rose Marie Bravo, is to quit her position with the company when it demerges from majority shareholder GUS, according to media reports....
Fashion brand Calvin Klein Inc, a wholly owned subsidiary of apparel group Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation, has signed a deal with Fingen SpA to make and distribute the Calvin Klein Collection brand w...
Calvin Klein Inc has signed a licensing agreement with G-III Apparel Group Ltd for women's better suits in the United States, Canada, and Mexico....
Burberry and Chanel have become the latest companies to drop Kate Moss amid lurid stories about her personal life and photographs allegedly showing the model snorting cocaine....
Luxury goods group Burberry Group Plc has reported a 9 per cent increase in revenue in the first quarter ended 30 June 2005, as it embarked on a store-opening programme in Spain and Korea....
Clothing distributer Eren Holding has signed a deal to open two stores in Istanbul, Turkey, selling ranges from UK fashion label Burberry....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack