US: Calvin Klein to expand CK One into lifestyle line
Packaging for the new CK One underwear line.
Calvin Klein’s CK One fragrance brand is to be expanded into a fully-fledged lifestyle line including denim, underwear, and swimwear designed to appeal to younger consumers.
“We feel strongly that adding a compelling lifestyle apparel offering to the iconic CK One brand franchise will extend the platform of the brand and take the CK One brand to the next level,” explained Tom Murry, president and CEO of Calvin Klein Inc.
Warnaco Inc, which owns and operates Calvin Klein Underwear and is the global licensee for Calvin Klein Jeans and Swimwear, will launch the new apparel line, which will be supported by a new global marketing and advertising campaign.
The spring 2011 collection for men and women will be available at retail in January 2011. The new lines will be sold in Calvin Klein, Calvin Klein Underwear and Calvin Klein Jeans retail stores, as well as major department and specialty stores around the world.
The overall direction of the new jeans and underwear lines is described as “energetic and fashion-forward” and will be in-keeping with the energy of fragrance brand, which was launched in 1994.
Underwear will include cotton stretch and microfibre fabrications, with a mix of basics and novelty prints. The new jeans line centres on a new slouchy slim silhouette, available for both men and women in variety of washes, and is complemented by woven and knit pieces. Seasonally, the lines will offer new product introductions and will include monthly fashion deliveries.
“The new CK One apparel brand affords us the ability to extend our conversation with an expanded global audience,” adds Craig Brommers, senior vice president of marketing for Warnaco.
CK One was the world’s first unisex fragrance and the biggest selling fragrance launch of all time. At its height, there were 20 bottles sold every minute of every day around the world.
US apparel company The Warnaco Group has posted improved profits on the back of double-digit fourth quarter sales growth. ...
Taking a look at the week ahead for the footwear and apparel industry, here is a snapshot of just-style's latest news and insights agenda. ...
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020