US: Calvin Klein Underwear names Reyes head of global design
Leading the global design team, Reyes will be responsible for developing all of Calvin Klein Underwear's products for men and women. He will report to Bob Mazzoli, chief creative officer of Calvin Klein Underwear.
"He is an accomplished and creative leader who will serve as a great inspiration for our own talented designers, ensuring that great design leads the process by which the Calvin Klein Underwear brand extends its long-standing leadership position," said Mazzoli.
Martha Olson, group president, added: "His addition to the team will heighten our focus on the consumer as we build on Warnaco's commitment to be brand, product and consumer focused in everything we do."
Reyes started his career at Polo Ralph Lauren, and went on to work at fashion houses Michael Kors, Oscar de la Renta and most recently TSE Cashmere.
From toxic T-shirts to virtual fitting rooms, defamatory garments and compostable shoes, the clothing and textiles industry in 2012 was anything but dull....
Weak consumer spending, difficulties in securing credit, competition from China and the Far East resulted in factory closures and subsequent layoffs in 2012. But ramping up labour and sustainability s...
Since when did garment making become a matter of life and death? And why, despite the huge amounts of time, effort and resources that have gone into corporate social responsibility, factory inspection...
The CEO of apparel giant PVH has backed Warnaco's plans to turn around the Calvin Klein Jeans and underwear businesses, a company it is set to take over next year in a deal worth US$2.9bn....
PVH's acquisition of Warnaco will have the obvious benefit of uniting the Calvin Klein brand, but PVH chairman and CEO Emanuel Chirico also emphasised the potential to leverage Warnaco's strong platfo...
Singapore-based apparel company Ocean Sky is set to be acquired by Luen Thai Holdings for US$55m. ...
Formal wear retailer The Men's Wearhouse has hired designer Joseph Abboud as its new chief creative director....
Activists are to stage candlelight vigils at Edinburgh Woollen Mill stores across the UK this week, urging the retailer to pay compensation to the victims and families of those killed and injured in t...
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- Brands back Cambodia industry-wide wage bargaining
- Can robotics redefine apparel manufacturing?
- Zalando: profit is so last season
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- Patagonia ramps up Fair Trade Certified apparel
- Old Navy's Larsson to replace Ralph Lauren as CEO
- The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields