US: Calvin Klein Underwear names Reyes head of global design
Leading the global design team, Reyes will be responsible for developing all of Calvin Klein Underwear's products for men and women. He will report to Bob Mazzoli, chief creative officer of Calvin Klein Underwear.
"He is an accomplished and creative leader who will serve as a great inspiration for our own talented designers, ensuring that great design leads the process by which the Calvin Klein Underwear brand extends its long-standing leadership position," said Mazzoli.
Martha Olson, group president, added: "His addition to the team will heighten our focus on the consumer as we build on Warnaco's commitment to be brand, product and consumer focused in everything we do."
Reyes started his career at Polo Ralph Lauren, and went on to work at fashion houses Michael Kors, Oscar de la Renta and most recently TSE Cashmere.
From toxic T-shirts to virtual fitting rooms, defamatory garments and compostable shoes, the clothing and textiles industry in 2012 was anything but dull....
Weak consumer spending, difficulties in securing credit, competition from China and the Far East resulted in factory closures and subsequent layoffs in 2012. But ramping up labour and sustainability s...
Since when did garment making become a matter of life and death? And why, despite the huge amounts of time, effort and resources that have gone into corporate social responsibility, factory inspection...
The CEO of apparel giant PVH has backed Warnaco's plans to turn around the Calvin Klein Jeans and underwear businesses, a company it is set to take over next year in a deal worth US$2.9bn....
PVH's acquisition of Warnaco will have the obvious benefit of uniting the Calvin Klein brand, but PVH chairman and CEO Emanuel Chirico also emphasised the potential to leverage Warnaco's strong platfo...
Singapore-based apparel company Ocean Sky is set to be acquired by Luen Thai Holdings for US$55m. ...
Formal wear retailer The Men's Wearhouse has hired designer Joseph Abboud as its new chief creative director....
Activists are to stage candlelight vigils at Edinburgh Woollen Mill stores across the UK this week, urging the retailer to pay compensation to the victims and families of those killed and injured in t...
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- Lesotho risks garment job losses if AGOA lapses
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019