US: Calvin Klein's Costa to design line for Macy's
The line will be designed for Macy's 'A Magical Journey to Brasil' campaign. The dresses will be unveiled as part of the initiative next month at the Macy's Herald Square flagship in New York City and in more than 80 Macy's stores nationwide.
"We're thrilled that he chose Macy's 'Brasil' campaign as his first capsule collaboration. A true representation of his iconic style, Francisco Costa's exclusive offering for Macy's provides women with chic creations from one of the most coveted designers in fashion today," said Martine Reardon, Macy's chief marketing officer.
The range feature "pure lines and clean shapes", the company said. Retail prices for the dresses are expected to range from US$135 to $180.
"In addition to Francisco Costa's first-ever dress capsule, Macy's consumers will see a vibrant range of men's and women's apparel items from the existing Calvin Klein line, designed by Kevin Carrigan, as well as a selection of underwear, shoes, and accessories," added Tom Murry, president and CEO, Calvin Klein Inc.
Major clothing retailers are benefiting in significant ways from the new data collection and management options offered by new technology in labels, especially regarding radio frequency identification...
Labels - be they hangtags with mobile barcodes, labels directly printed onto a garment, or RFID technologies - now represent a fundamental piece of the production process that can be leveraged to save...
US retail sales in August were boosted by back-to-school shoppers, with most retailers booking sales gains over the month. ...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' August 2012 sales results. ...
US sportswear retailer The Finish Line will open branded athletic footwear shops in more than 450 Macy's department stores across the US in 2013....
German retailer Tchibo has become the second company to commit to a programme that aims to improve fire and building safety in the Bangladesh ready-made garment industry....
As information continues to emerge on the devastating fire that killed around 300 workers at a garment factory in Pakistan earlier this week, brands sourcing from the country are being urged to undert...
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Source Summit 2014: Quote/unquote
- Diversification a key focus for Under Armour
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Open markets key for US apparel workers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015