FRANCE: Camaieu Celebrates Strong H1 Growth
French fashion chain Camaieu on Thursday revealed it enjoyed solid sales and profit growth in the first half of this fiscal year and announced plans to open up to 20 new stores during the second half.
The operator of 375 stores in several countries including France, Spain, Poland and Italy reported a net profit of 14.4 million euros versus 10.9 million euros last year.
Turnover for the 26-week period jumped 16 per cent year-on-year to 172.3 million euros.
The group, which employs more than 2,500 people and operates a huge warehouse in the north east of France, said its new stores will be opened in both its domestic and international markets.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar