USA: Candie's, Inc. Announces Changes To Its Management Team
Candie's, Inc. (Nasdaq NMS symbol: CAND; "the Company") today announced that it has promoted two members of its management team. John McPhee, formerly President of Candie's and Bongo Kid's division, to President of Wholesale and Gerry Bonomi, formerly President of Bongo, to Senior Vice President of Wholesale. Mr. McPhee and Mr. Bonomi will assume the responsibilities previously held by Lynn Miller, who will continue to work for Candie's in an advisory capacity from his home in Charlottesville, VA. John McPhee joined the Company in 1996 as President of the Candie's Kid's division. Between 1991 and 1996, Mr. McPhee ran the Children's division for Sam & Libby Inc., currently a division of Maxwell Shoe Corp. Prior to 1991, Mr. McPhee was Sales Manager for Jumping-Jacks Shoes Inc., his family's business. Gerry Bonomi joined the Company in 1994, as President of Bongo footwear. Between 1991-1994 Gerry was Vice President of Corporate Sales for the Pentland Group. Prior to 1991, Mr. Bonomi has held several positions at footwear and apparel companies, including No Fear. Commenting on the announcement, Neil Cole, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer stated, "I am proud to announce the promotions of John McPhee and Gerry Bonomi, as both men have tremendous knowledge and insight gained from their combined 30 years of experience in footwear and related industries, and they have made incredibly positive contributions to our Company. From its start-up in 1996, Candie's Kid's footwear has become a strong business in department and specialty stores alike. Likewise, Bongo footwear has achieved success in mid-tier channels of distribution. We believe the Company's footwear business will benefit greatly from John and Gerry's enthusiasm and industry expertise," Neil Cole concluded.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts