USA: Candie's, Inc. Announces Changes To Its Management Team
Candie's, Inc. (Nasdaq NMS symbol: CAND; "the Company") today announced that it has promoted two members of its management team. John McPhee, formerly President of Candie's and Bongo Kid's division, to President of Wholesale and Gerry Bonomi, formerly President of Bongo, to Senior Vice President of Wholesale. Mr. McPhee and Mr. Bonomi will assume the responsibilities previously held by Lynn Miller, who will continue to work for Candie's in an advisory capacity from his home in Charlottesville, VA. John McPhee joined the Company in 1996 as President of the Candie's Kid's division. Between 1991 and 1996, Mr. McPhee ran the Children's division for Sam & Libby Inc., currently a division of Maxwell Shoe Corp. Prior to 1991, Mr. McPhee was Sales Manager for Jumping-Jacks Shoes Inc., his family's business. Gerry Bonomi joined the Company in 1994, as President of Bongo footwear. Between 1991-1994 Gerry was Vice President of Corporate Sales for the Pentland Group. Prior to 1991, Mr. Bonomi has held several positions at footwear and apparel companies, including No Fear. Commenting on the announcement, Neil Cole, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer stated, "I am proud to announce the promotions of John McPhee and Gerry Bonomi, as both men have tremendous knowledge and insight gained from their combined 30 years of experience in footwear and related industries, and they have made incredibly positive contributions to our Company. From its start-up in 1996, Candie's Kid's footwear has become a strong business in department and specialty stores alike. Likewise, Bongo footwear has achieved success in mid-tier channels of distribution. We believe the Company's footwear business will benefit greatly from John and Gerry's enthusiasm and industry expertise," Neil Cole concluded.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022