USA: Candie's Inc. Announces Opening of Candie's In-Store Footwear Shop in Macy's Herald Square
Candie's, Inc. (Nasdaq NMS symbol: CAND; "the Company") today announced the opening of a Candie's footwear in-store shop in Macy's Herald Square. The shop features a comprehensive assortment of footwear located in a premiere site on Macy's Herald Square fourth floor, the junior, ready-to-wear floor. The in-store shop is representative of the Candie's image, which is young, sexy, and fun, and features Candie's signature fixtures, tables, and towers, as well as advertisements that can be seen in the Company's Manhattan showroom and its concept store located in the Palisades Mall in Nyack, NY. Commenting on the announcement, Neil Cole, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer stated, "I am excited to have an in-store shop in Macy's flagship location. Candie's footwear is on target with our generation "Y" consumers, signaling that now is right time to partner with key department stores and increase Candie's visibility". Candie's is a leading designer and marketer of young women's footwear, apparel and accessories. The Company distributes its products through better department and specialty stores nationwide, as well as through seven company-owned stores and specialty stores internationally. Candie's Inc. also owns and markets footwear, accessories and apparel under the Bongo trademark. Candie's also arranges for the manufacture of footwear products for mass market and discount retailers under the private label brand of the retailer or other trademarks owned or licensed by Candie's. Additionally, the Candie's brand is licensed to Liz Claiborne Inc. for the manufacture, sale and distribution of fragrances and cosmetics. Candie's Inc. operates
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Kohl's, L Brands
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022