USA: Candie's Launches Men's & Boys' Bongo Lines
Apparel group Candie's Inc is to launch a Bongo-branded range of men's and boys' apparel for the autumn 2005 season.
The range, aimed at 15-24-year-olds, involves exclusive agreements with TKO Apparel Inc for men's denim and tops, Mamiye Brothers for boy's denim and tops, Kenneth Cole Productions for men's footwear and Viva International for men's and boy's eyewear.
The lines will be sold in mid-range department and speciality stores from August 2005 and its pieces will retail from $24.00 to $99.00.
Candie's developed the men's and boys' ranges after seeing good success with its Bongo junior and girl's ranges and pinpointing an opportunity in the market for a male equivalent.
Neil Cole, Candie's chief executive officer, said that the ranges were "the next strategic step" for the brand, and that the Bongo name was one of the most rapidly expanding junior brands in the marketplace.
Candie's Inc licenses the Candie's, Bongo and Badgley Mischka trademarks on a variety of footwear, apparel and fashion products. The company also manufactures footwear through its fully owned subsidiary Brightstar Footwear Inc.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Each year the Goldmine Garment Company Ltd produces seven million formal and casual shirts and blouses, 12,000 samples, and turns over US$36 million per year (FOB). Employing around 2,300 people it is...
Footwear and accessories company Kenneth Cole Productions it was not satisfied with its latest financial results, which showed a reduction in full-year earnings....
Joel Newman is joining footwear, handbags and accessories company Kenneth Cole as chief operating officer....
Footwear, handbag and accessories company Kenneth Cole Productions said Paul Blum is quitting his position as president of the company to pursue other opportunities....
Shoes, handbags and accessories company Kenneth Cole has appointed two new senior executives to the company....
Upmarket goods company Kenneth Cole Productions has reported an 11 per cent tumble in third-quarter profit, hit by a revenue fall plus bigger expenses....
US retail group Candie's Inc has revealed that it will change its corporate name to Iconix Brand Group Inc on 1 July, and will trade on the NASDAQ stock exchange under the ticker symbol ICON....
Fashion brand Badgley Mischka, a division of apparel licensor Candie's Inc, has signed a license deal with Groupe JS International for a bridge apparel collection to be launched in spring 2006....
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar