UK: CAPITB Announces Second National Clothing Conference
The success of its first national clothing conference last year has prompted CAPITB Trust to stage a second event to bring together key players from the world of vocational education and the clothing industry. The conference hopes to encourage dialogue between the two sectors, and on the agenda are reviews of the progress made from the previous conference, the Skills Forecasting Millennium project, computer based learning materials for Life Long Learning, and management best practices. The event will take place at the Derby County Football Ground on Thursday 16 November, and the day's schedule consists of two presentations in the morning and a series of workshops in the afternoon. Professor J Winterton of the Toulouse Business School will present an interim report on the progress that has been made with the Clothing Industry Skills Foresight project. This work involves sampling 1200 clothing companies to analyse the skill needs of the industry in the foreseeable future - and will impact on the curriculum framework across education and training. An overview of the Teaching Company Scheme (TCS) will be given by its director, Dr E H Robson. TCS is a UK Government scheme that enables firms of all types to take advantage of the wide range of expertise available in higher education institutions and public and private sector research institutes and organisations. Through TCS, partnerships are formed between companies and groups of staff in UK knowledge based organisations. The afternoon's sessions will cover computer based pattern development and fashion design; computer based costing; and management best practice. For more information, contact conference coordinator, Trisha Devine, on: +44 (0)113 2273241.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Hong Kong's Winds Group to open Haiti factory
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report