USA: Cargill Dow And Woolmark Team Up On NatureWorks
Cargill Dow and Woolmark have formed a partnership that will explore the benefits of combining two natural-based fibres - Merino Wool and NatureWorks fibres. US-based Cargill Dow was responsible for the conception and launch of NatureWorks, which it claims is the first material to allow production of fibres that successfully bridge the gap between natural fibres and synthetics. The resins, made from annually renewable resources, such as corn, can be used in a range of fibre, textile and non-woven fabric applications.Robert Finch, group manager, technical marketing at Woolmark said: "We are very excited about this relationship. Breakthrough technology in wool development is an area that we are constantly striving to maintain - NatureWorks offers us a new area to explore and exploit to the overall benefit of the textile industry".Early development trial results have shown that there may be a number of processing efficiency benefits emerging from the natural blend combination. Indications suggest that new levels of performance may be possible in the areas of handle and crease resistance for smart casual products and moisture management advantages for outdoor wear.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack