USA: Cargill Dow And Woolmark Team Up On NatureWorks
Cargill Dow and Woolmark have formed a partnership that will explore the benefits of combining two natural-based fibres - Merino Wool and NatureWorks fibres. US-based Cargill Dow was responsible for the conception and launch of NatureWorks, which it claims is the first material to allow production of fibres that successfully bridge the gap between natural fibres and synthetics. The resins, made from annually renewable resources, such as corn, can be used in a range of fibre, textile and non-woven fabric applications.Robert Finch, group manager, technical marketing at Woolmark said: "We are very excited about this relationship. Breakthrough technology in wool development is an area that we are constantly striving to maintain - NatureWorks offers us a new area to explore and exploit to the overall benefit of the textile industry".Early development trial results have shown that there may be a number of processing efficiency benefits emerging from the natural blend combination. Indications suggest that new levels of performance may be possible in the areas of handle and crease resistance for smart casual products and moisture management advantages for outdoor wear.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report