FRANCE: Carrefour France chief McCann exits
French retail giant Carrefour today (5 May) said that the head of its core domestic business will leave the group after just 14 months in charge.
Former Tesco executive James McCann will be replaced by CEO Lars Olofsson pending the appointment of a successor.
The company indicated that the executive team of Carrefour France will work under Olofsson's direct supervision to "accelerate the improvement of Carrefour's performance in France" and to continue implementing the group's transformation plan.
Carrefour added that it will delay its controversial proposal to list 25% of its Carrefour Property business, although it confirmed that it will push ahead with the spin-off of its Dia discount chain.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Timing is everything in life. And few people will be feeling that sentiment more this week than Sir Terry Leahy, the former chief executive of Tesco, and his successor Philip Clarke. While Leahy stepp...
The CEO of Tesco has revealed the retailer is shifting more of its apparel sourcing to Europe and Egypt as part of moves to shorten lead times on clothing....
Two of the UK's largest retailers, Tesco and Sainsbury's, provided an update on trading today (5 October). What did the City make of the companies' recent performance?...
One of Vietnam's leading garment manufacturers, TNG Investment and Trading JSC (TNG), has seen its revenues jump by 98.4% in the first three-quarters of this year, to VND915.38bn (US$45m)....
Unions representing Carrefour staff across Europe have criticised the demands made by one of the retailer's investors for changes to how the company is run....
Carrefour shareholder Knight Vinke Asset Management has urged the French retail giant, which last week issued its latest profit warning, to appoint an independent chairman....
Shares in Carrefour fell today (13 October) after the French retailer issued another warning on its profits for 2011....
UK retail garnered much interest this week with stories about concerns over minimum wages, M&S calls for suppliers to contribute to store revamps and Tesco's strategy to source more products from Euro...
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- US Q4 in brief – Macy's, Walmart, VF Corp
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar