US: Carter's appoints Castagna to board
Carter's has appointed Vanessa J Castagna to its board of directors.
"We are very excited to have Vanessa Castagna join Carter's board of directors. Vanessa has a well-earned reputation as a leader in the retail industry," said Michael D Casey, chairman and chief executive officer.
"Her broad experience in both the department store and mass channels will be an asset to Carter's in executing our plans for continued growth. Our board and management team look forward to working with her."
Castagna has more than 35 years of experience in the retail industry. Most recently, Castagna led Mervyn's department stores as its executive chairwoman from 2005 until early 2007.
Prior to Mervyn's, she was chairwoman and CEO of JCPenney Stores, Catalog and Internet from 2002 through 2004, after joining JCPenney in 1999 as its chief operating officer. Castagna's retail career also includes various senior-level merchandising positions at Target, Walmart and Marshall's.
In addition to joining the company's board of directors, Castagna currently serves on the boards of directors of Levi Strauss & Co and SpeedFC.
Liz Claiborne has revealed a first quarter net loss of US72m compared to US91m in 2009....
Walter Killough, COO of apparel retailer Delia's, has been appointed as CEO following the departure of Robert Bernard....
Carter's Inc, which makes apparel for babies and young children, has got off to a strong start in 2010 after higher sales helped profit soar by 157.9%....
US-based private equity firms TPG Inc and Bain Capital LLC are to buy a minority stake in India's Lilliput Kidswear Ltd for $86m, the company said today (20 April)....
US department store J C Penney Company has announced the launch of Uproar, a new value tween brand, in its stores from 20 July for the Back-to-School shopping season....
Clothing maker Bagir has opened a new design centre in London to give a new creative edge to garments supplied to customers around the world and a quick response to fast-changing fashions....
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- Rana Plaza fund call grows as anniversary nears
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019