US: Carter's appoints Castagna to board
Carter's has appointed Vanessa J Castagna to its board of directors.
"We are very excited to have Vanessa Castagna join Carter's board of directors. Vanessa has a well-earned reputation as a leader in the retail industry," said Michael D Casey, chairman and chief executive officer.
"Her broad experience in both the department store and mass channels will be an asset to Carter's in executing our plans for continued growth. Our board and management team look forward to working with her."
Castagna has more than 35 years of experience in the retail industry. Most recently, Castagna led Mervyn's department stores as its executive chairwoman from 2005 until early 2007.
Prior to Mervyn's, she was chairwoman and CEO of JCPenney Stores, Catalog and Internet from 2002 through 2004, after joining JCPenney in 1999 as its chief operating officer. Castagna's retail career also includes various senior-level merchandising positions at Target, Walmart and Marshall's.
In addition to joining the company's board of directors, Castagna currently serves on the boards of directors of Levi Strauss & Co and SpeedFC.
Liz Claiborne has revealed a first quarter net loss of US72m compared to US91m in 2009....
Walter Killough, COO of apparel retailer Delia's, has been appointed as CEO following the departure of Robert Bernard....
Carter's Inc, which makes apparel for babies and young children, has got off to a strong start in 2010 after higher sales helped profit soar by 157.9%....
US-based private equity firms TPG Inc and Bain Capital LLC are to buy a minority stake in India's Lilliput Kidswear Ltd for $86m, the company said today (20 April)....
US department store J C Penney Company has announced the launch of Uproar, a new value tween brand, in its stores from 20 July for the Back-to-School shopping season....
Clothing maker Bagir has opened a new design centre in London to give a new creative edge to garments supplied to customers around the world and a quick response to fast-changing fashions....
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Connected sourcing networks ease payment problems
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Talks underway on Myanmar minimum wage
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- C&A to boost opportunities for women in India
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead