US: Carter's appoints Castagna to board
Carter's has appointed Vanessa J Castagna to its board of directors.
"We are very excited to have Vanessa Castagna join Carter's board of directors. Vanessa has a well-earned reputation as a leader in the retail industry," said Michael D Casey, chairman and chief executive officer.
"Her broad experience in both the department store and mass channels will be an asset to Carter's in executing our plans for continued growth. Our board and management team look forward to working with her."
Castagna has more than 35 years of experience in the retail industry. Most recently, Castagna led Mervyn's department stores as its executive chairwoman from 2005 until early 2007.
Prior to Mervyn's, she was chairwoman and CEO of JCPenney Stores, Catalog and Internet from 2002 through 2004, after joining JCPenney in 1999 as its chief operating officer. Castagna's retail career also includes various senior-level merchandising positions at Target, Walmart and Marshall's.
In addition to joining the company's board of directors, Castagna currently serves on the boards of directors of Levi Strauss & Co and SpeedFC.
Liz Claiborne has revealed a first quarter net loss of US72m compared to US91m in 2009....
Walter Killough, COO of apparel retailer Delia's, has been appointed as CEO following the departure of Robert Bernard....
Carter's Inc, which makes apparel for babies and young children, has got off to a strong start in 2010 after higher sales helped profit soar by 157.9%....
US-based private equity firms TPG Inc and Bain Capital LLC are to buy a minority stake in India's Lilliput Kidswear Ltd for $86m, the company said today (20 April)....
US department store J C Penney Company has announced the launch of Uproar, a new value tween brand, in its stores from 20 July for the Back-to-School shopping season....
Clothing maker Bagir has opened a new design centre in London to give a new creative edge to garments supplied to customers around the world and a quick response to fast-changing fashions....
- Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
- Changes in China cotton policies cause uncertainty
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Responsive supply chain key to Gap's growth plans
- String traceability tool goes back to basics
- Wage strike by Cambodia garment workers falls flat
- H&M still committed to higher wages and Bangladesh
- Adidas supplier factory strike enters second week
- Vietnam Q1 textile and garment exports surge 21.9%
- Alliance inspections more than 50% complete
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy