US: Carter's lifts FY forecast as Q1 profit edges up
First-quarter profit at children's and baby apparel company Carter's has edged up just 0.5% as costs related to store closures and acquisitions offset a double-digit rise in sales.
Net income rose to US$32.3m or $0.54 per diluted share, while adjusted profit rose 2.7% to $33.7m.
Consolidated net sales increased 17.6% to $551.7m, with net domestic sales of the company's Carter's brands up 12.4% to $426.7m and OshKosh B'gosh rising 5.7% to $78.3m.
Net international sales to customers outside the United States increased $31.3m to $46.7m, helped by the acquisition of Bonnie Togs.
"We continue to see strong demand for our products in all channels of distribution," said Michael Casey, chairman and CEO.
"The strength of our product offerings and effectiveness of our pricing, marketing, and supply chain initiatives are driving better results. We are forecasting good growth in sales and earnings this year, with more meaningful earnings growth expected in the second half driven by lower product costs."
For the fiscal year the company expects sales to rise by 9-11%, and earnings to come in at up to 25% than the previous year's $2.09 per share.
Children's wear maker Carter's has revealed it will relocate its Shelton-based retail store in Connecticut and financial operations to its Atlanta headquarters in Georgia to support growth plans....
US children's apparel specialist Carter's saw its second quarter net profit jump on the back of increased international sales....
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Li & Fung capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Diversification a key focus for Under Armour
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report