US: Carter's lifts FY forecast as Q1 profit edges up
First-quarter profit at children's and baby apparel company Carter's has edged up just 0.5% as costs related to store closures and acquisitions offset a double-digit rise in sales.
Net income rose to US$32.3m or $0.54 per diluted share, while adjusted profit rose 2.7% to $33.7m.
Consolidated net sales increased 17.6% to $551.7m, with net domestic sales of the company's Carter's brands up 12.4% to $426.7m and OshKosh B'gosh rising 5.7% to $78.3m.
Net international sales to customers outside the United States increased $31.3m to $46.7m, helped by the acquisition of Bonnie Togs.
"We continue to see strong demand for our products in all channels of distribution," said Michael Casey, chairman and CEO.
"The strength of our product offerings and effectiveness of our pricing, marketing, and supply chain initiatives are driving better results. We are forecasting good growth in sales and earnings this year, with more meaningful earnings growth expected in the second half driven by lower product costs."
For the fiscal year the company expects sales to rise by 9-11%, and earnings to come in at up to 25% than the previous year's $2.09 per share.
Children's wear maker Carter's has revealed it will relocate its Shelton-based retail store in Connecticut and financial operations to its Atlanta headquarters in Georgia to support growth plans....
US children's apparel specialist Carter's saw its second quarter net profit jump on the back of increased international sales....
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Frank Henke discusses Adidas sustainability agenda
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019