US: Carter's lifts FY forecast as Q1 profit edges up
First-quarter profit at children's and baby apparel company Carter's has edged up just 0.5% as costs related to store closures and acquisitions offset a double-digit rise in sales.
Net income rose to US$32.3m or $0.54 per diluted share, while adjusted profit rose 2.7% to $33.7m.
Consolidated net sales increased 17.6% to $551.7m, with net domestic sales of the company's Carter's brands up 12.4% to $426.7m and OshKosh B'gosh rising 5.7% to $78.3m.
Net international sales to customers outside the United States increased $31.3m to $46.7m, helped by the acquisition of Bonnie Togs.
"We continue to see strong demand for our products in all channels of distribution," said Michael Casey, chairman and CEO.
"The strength of our product offerings and effectiveness of our pricing, marketing, and supply chain initiatives are driving better results. We are forecasting good growth in sales and earnings this year, with more meaningful earnings growth expected in the second half driven by lower product costs."
For the fiscal year the company expects sales to rise by 9-11%, and earnings to come in at up to 25% than the previous year's $2.09 per share.
Children's wear maker Carter's has revealed it will relocate its Shelton-based retail store in Connecticut and financial operations to its Atlanta headquarters in Georgia to support growth plans....
US children's apparel specialist Carter's saw its second quarter net profit jump on the back of increased international sales....
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Hong Kong industry pins future on innovation
- US Q2 in brief: Guess, PVH, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Gap restructuring weighs on Q2 as profit falls 34%
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Ralph Lauren debuts biometic smart shirt
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019