US: Carter's lifts FY forecast as Q1 profit edges up
First-quarter profit at children's and baby apparel company Carter's has edged up just 0.5% as costs related to store closures and acquisitions offset a double-digit rise in sales.
Net income rose to US$32.3m or $0.54 per diluted share, while adjusted profit rose 2.7% to $33.7m.
Consolidated net sales increased 17.6% to $551.7m, with net domestic sales of the company's Carter's brands up 12.4% to $426.7m and OshKosh B'gosh rising 5.7% to $78.3m.
Net international sales to customers outside the United States increased $31.3m to $46.7m, helped by the acquisition of Bonnie Togs.
"We continue to see strong demand for our products in all channels of distribution," said Michael Casey, chairman and CEO.
"The strength of our product offerings and effectiveness of our pricing, marketing, and supply chain initiatives are driving better results. We are forecasting good growth in sales and earnings this year, with more meaningful earnings growth expected in the second half driven by lower product costs."
For the fiscal year the company expects sales to rise by 9-11%, and earnings to come in at up to 25% than the previous year's $2.09 per share.
Children's wear maker Carter's has revealed it will relocate its Shelton-based retail store in Connecticut and financial operations to its Atlanta headquarters in Georgia to support growth plans....
US children's apparel specialist Carter's saw its second quarter net profit jump on the back of increased international sales....
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Pakistan textile mills fear rash of closures
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- Millennials "changing the game" for hosiery
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020