US: Carter's lifts FY forecast as Q1 profit edges up
First-quarter profit at children's and baby apparel company Carter's has edged up just 0.5% as costs related to store closures and acquisitions offset a double-digit rise in sales.
Net income rose to US$32.3m or $0.54 per diluted share, while adjusted profit rose 2.7% to $33.7m.
Consolidated net sales increased 17.6% to $551.7m, with net domestic sales of the company's Carter's brands up 12.4% to $426.7m and OshKosh B'gosh rising 5.7% to $78.3m.
Net international sales to customers outside the United States increased $31.3m to $46.7m, helped by the acquisition of Bonnie Togs.
"We continue to see strong demand for our products in all channels of distribution," said Michael Casey, chairman and CEO.
"The strength of our product offerings and effectiveness of our pricing, marketing, and supply chain initiatives are driving better results. We are forecasting good growth in sales and earnings this year, with more meaningful earnings growth expected in the second half driven by lower product costs."
For the fiscal year the company expects sales to rise by 9-11%, and earnings to come in at up to 25% than the previous year's $2.09 per share.
Children's wear maker Carter's has revealed it will relocate its Shelton-based retail store in Connecticut and financial operations to its Atlanta headquarters in Georgia to support growth plans....
US children's apparel specialist Carter's saw its second quarter net profit jump on the back of increased international sales....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015